Virginia Gets Creative in Financing Its War Against Traffic
- ARKANSAS: Tolls for Who? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p29
Reports on the opposition imposed on the proposal of some U.S. lawmakers and transportation officials by Metroplan, an advisory council of central Arkansas government. Proposal to build toll roads; Suggestions given by highway officials for financing the highway construction.
- LI gets first HOV lane. Jochum, Glenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/30/94, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p1
Reports that Long Island's first high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes have opened on Long Island's major roads. Possible additional HOV lanes; Advantages of the HOV.
- Neighbors fighting truck route get mayor's ear, but that may not be enough. Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/28/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 49
Reports on a planned alternate route for trucks in New Orleans, Louisiana. Estimated cost of the alternate route; Construction on Religious Street.
- Trip Talk. Wilkins, William M. // Roads & Bridges;Aug99, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p18
Discusses the public's opinion regarding the construction of more roads to address smart growth, livability and urban sprawl. Negative connotation of the term `sprawl'; Need for improvement of the whole transportation system.
- It takes awhile, but transportation plans promise payoff. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/13/2000, Issue 322589, p7
Focuses on proposed transportation projects in and around Fresno, California, as of March 13, 2000. Maintenance operations; State Highway Operations and Protection projects of California's transportation agency.
- New Connector to Ease Crush. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/08/99, Vol. 243 Issue 19, p16
Focuses on the construction project being done at the junction of State Routes 91 and 57 in Orange County, California. Description of the transportation lane project; Financial information on the project; Remarks from Tim Wilson, former project manager for E.L. Yeager Construction Co.
- U.S. 31 project ramps up. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/25/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p13A
The article reports on the start of a 20 million U.S. dollars interchange at U.S. 31 and State Road 38 in Indiana.
- Building Roads in Sync With Community Values. Peaks, Harold E.; Hayes, Sandra // Public Roads;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p7
Presents information on road construction projects in the United States as of April 1999. Design criteria; Information on the book `Flexibility in Highway Design'; Options available to state and local highway officials to achieve a balanced road design.
- Getting Smoother Pavement. Massucco, Joe; Cagle, John // Public Roads;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p27
Presents information on Arizona's approach to smoother highways. Requirements of an incentive program for such approach; Significance of coordination and communication; Technique of contractors for attaining a high smoothness level.