Legg Mason Taps Public Finance Expertise of Ex-Wachovia, First Union Staff
- Chapman Hired by Legg Mason. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p1
Reports on Baltimore, Maryland-based Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s hiring of Thomas Chapman and several members of his team from First Union Securities Inc. Legg Mason's plan to establish a municipal market presence in Chicago, Illinois; Career history of Chapman.
- Firms Continue Hiring Legg Mason Alumni. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p1
The article reports on the continuous hiring of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s alumni by several business enterprises in the United States. Broker-dealers are taking advantage of the closure of Legg Mason Wood Walker's municipal division, as McDonald Investments Inc. hired Legg's former municipal...
- Two Legg Mason Bankers in Houston Move to Dain Rauscher. Albnese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/08/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31672, p6
Reports on the appointment of several employees of Houston, Texas-based Legg Mason Wood Walker at Houston-based RBC Dain Rauscher Inc. (RBC). Employees who have shifted to RBC; Professional background of these people; Significance of the shift for both business enterprises.
- Legg Mason adding to its bank offerings. Kapiloff, Howard; Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;9/25/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 184, p15
Reports on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s addition of a menu of portfolios it offers to bank trust departments. Offer of 12 portfolios of a fund family it manages called Navigator Class; Distributor of funds.
- Legg Brokers Critique Online Venture. // On Wall Street;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p22
Looks at a group of brokers from Legg Mason Wood Walkers opposing the plan of the firm to introduce online trading to the market. Details on the online program; Views of the brokers on the program; Comments from James Brinkley, president and chief operating officer of the firm.
- A Niche for All Seasons. Konig, Susan // On Wall Street;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p49
Explains how Gregory Hurlbrink, a Legg Mason Wood Walker representative, profits by targeting small-business owners who have sold their companies. Focus of Hurlbrink; Background of Hurlbrink; Status of Hurlbrink's assets under management.
- Celsion Could Jettison Division. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p5
Reports that Celsion Corp. has retained Legg Mason Wood Walker to explore strategic options for its Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia division including a sale of the unit.
- Legg Mason begins covering firms in E-commerce sector. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;6/15/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 112, p22
Reports that Legg Mason Wood Walker Incorporated initiated coverage of the electronic commerce sector in the United States during June 1998. Projections on the growth of the sector; Types of services offered by the company; Details on Legg Mason's coverage of Checkfree Corporation; Comments...
- Legg Mason Opens Office in Madrid. // Investment Management Weekly;10/8/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Reports on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s opening of an equity sales office in Madrid, Spain and appointment of sales professionals to attract Spanish institutional investors. Information related to the appointed sales professionals.