Saber Partners Targets Muni, Corporate Sides of Power Industry
- Saber Hires Two Texas Hands and an Ex-Clinton Aide. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p8
Reports on the recruitment of Robert W. Gee and lawyer Thomas F. Best as members of the advisory board at Saber Partners LLC in New York City. Career history of Gee and Best; Management of international business transactions; Responsibilities of the new employees in the firm.
- A GRILLING FOR A TEXAS DEAL. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/9/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 23, p8
Saber Partners LLC, a New York City-based financial firm that is advising the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) of Texas on stranded asset deals, interrogated every co-manager aspirant on a pending deal in the $500 million range for Oncor Electric Delivery Co., a subsidiary of TXU Corp. It asked...
- Texas PUC Taps Saber Partners as FA for $1.89B Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p4
Focuses on the Texas Public Utility Commission's hiring of New York-based Saber Partners to serve as financial adviser for an upcoming issue of taxable transition bonds. Total amount of taxable transition bonds to be issued by the commission; Issuance of the bonds on behalf of Houston,...
- Saber lands Wisconsin mandate. // Asset Securitization Report;10/18/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 40, p1
The article reports that Wisconsin is the latest state to hire financial advisor Saber Partners LLC to oversee an upcoming public utility securitization program, in the hopes of reducing pricing levels for the proposed deals and to drive the underwriters it hires to go the extra mile when...
- Spoken & Written. Fichera, Joseph S. // Corporate Board;May/Jun2008, Vol. 29 Issue 170, p30
The article presents a speech by Joseph S. Fichera of Saber Partners LLC., in which he discussed about new corporate "best practice."
- Texas Players Issue RFI for $1.89B Taxable Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32209, p5
Reports on the release of a request for information by the Texas Public Utility Commission (PUC), CenterPoint Energy, and Saber Partners, from potential candidates for an underwriting team that will manage a multimillion-dollar issue of taxable stranded cost recovery bonds on behalf of...
- Florida chooses advisor for hurricane recovery bond program. G. C. // Asset Securitization Report;10/3/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the selection of Saber Partners by the Florida Public Service Commission to be the advisor for a program of hurricane recovery stranded cost asset-backed securities issuance to help Florida utility companies fund repairs to power lines and facilities after the 2004 hurricane season....
- ALASKA: Top Five Rankings. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31205, p39
Ranks the top five companies involved in bond trading in Alaska during the first half of 2001. Morgan Stanley Dean Witer and Co.; Saber Partners; Bear Sterns and Co.
- Can ARS Issues Be Fixed? Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32916, p1
The article reports on the plan of Saber Partners LLC senior managing director Joseph Fichera to request the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to increase the transparency of the auction-rate securities (ARS) market in the U.S. Broker dealers are required to release the auction...