In West, Calif. Veterans, Schools, and Health Score Big
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p35
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of July 2002. Estimation of the certificates sold by the Sacramento City Unified School District; Proposal of tax increase; Approval of the general obligation bond measure.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p35
Reports the legislative status of bonds in the U.S. Approval of the income tax rate; Issuance of governmental purpose bonds to finance construction of public schools; Provision for the tax-exempt bonds.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p37
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2002. Sales generated from lottery; Approval of million dollar package for tax increase; Affirmation of Fitch Ratings on the revenue bonds of New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
- Clinton's pipe dream. Bergsman, Steve; Baker, Marci // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p8
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's proposed changes to the tax laws in order to stop companies from deducting interest on bonds with a maturity of over 40 years. Plans to raise $28 billion from corporations; Treasury Department's offer of transitional relief to some issues already in the...
- Senate GOP Bill Wouldn't Extend BABs. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Senate Republicans' proposed alternative bill which will extend the expiring tax-law provisions excluding the Build America Bonds (BABs).
- Delays Risk Muni Extenders. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33339, p1
The article reports on the delays of the proposed primary bond provisions extensions due to revisions of tax legislation in the U.S.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31010, p29
Reports developments related to bond issues in the United States as of November 2000. Rate for the tax allocation bond proceedings of Davis Redevelopment Agency; Amount of money needed for the development of a state college; Launch of the concourse project for air travelers.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31016, p33
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report in the United States. List of several tax legislations; Description of the existing law corresponding to the proposed law; Details on the status of the legislation.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Albanese, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31136, p2
Reports developments related to bonds and taxation in the United States as of May 2001. Tax exemption status of the International Health Care Inc.; Approval of a bond issue for the repair of the Cleveland Municipal School District; Improvement of the Nantucket obligation bonds to Aa3 from A1 by...