Missouri Probing Ex-St. Louis Mayor's Role in Bond Campaign
- Public Facilities, Schools Drive Increase in Issuance. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p25
Reports the increasing issuance of bonds among the public schools in the U.S. Improvement of the schools in the region; Acceleration of construction projects; Decline of the interest rates.
- Chicago's Education Continues. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p1
Reports on the allocation of general obligation bonds for public schools in Chicago, Illinois. Description of the current interest-rate environment; Emergence of derivative products; Issuance of bond as variable rate.
- Detroit Public Schools Set to Sell $400 Million in GOs on Wednesday. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p3
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds by the Detroit Public Schools in Detroit, Michigan. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Bond counsel of the sale.
- Detroit schools' reform. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p1
Focuses on the impact of reform efforts for public schools in Detroit, Michigan on bond financing strategies in the city. Possibility of opening a new financing team; Trend prompted by the plans of Mayor Dennis Archer's Board of Education to run the school districts like a business.
- Chicago schools plan fiscal 2000 deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p36
Reports that Chicago Public Schools officials will sell bond issues in Chicago, Illinois scheduled for the fiscal year 2000. Value of the bonds.
- D.C. Schools Might Use Tax-Exempts for Modernization. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31202, p3
Reports on the plan of the District of Columbia Public Schools to issue tax-exempt bonds. Financing of the school board's school modernization program; Structure of the bonds that will be offered.
- Attractively priced permanent school fund bonds give boost to Texas activity. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30357, p7
Focuses on the Permanent School Fund financings that help boost the retail business in Texas. Customers' attraction to the bond's price; Increase in the demand for the bonds; Influence on the acceleration of state's retail business.
- Chicago school GO deal to fund needed capital projects. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30408, p44
Reports that the Chicago Public Schools Reform Board of Trustees will issue at least $400 million of general obligation bonds to pay for more work. Projects that will put a dent on the backlog of construction work; Five-year capital plan in 1996.
- Detroit public schools draw closer to bond issue. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/09/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30825, p3
Focuses on the bond issues from the public schools in Detroit, Michigan. Value of the general obligation bonds; Issuers' anticipation for a request proposal.