Officials Say Rail Line Is Houston's Key to the Olympics
- Olympic finish for FGW HLOS programme. // Rail Business Intelligence;3/8/2012, Issue 409, p6
The article informs that train operating company, First Great Western Ltd., would deliver additional(light transit vehicle) LTV 48 vehicles before the commencement of Olympic Games in July 27, 2012, with 20 percent increase in capacity.
- Olympics 2012. Lubell, Sam // Architectural Record;Jan2005, Vol. 193 Issue 1, p40
The article states that cities have long used the Olympics to reinvigorate their infrastructure and image. Barcelona revamped itself for the 1992 games with a recovered waterfront, new highways, and stadiums by masters like Rafael Moneo. Athens built new roads, subways, and grand stadiums by no...
- Inexact Opposite. Fallows, James // Atlantic;Jun2009, Vol. 303 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses attempts by China to develop world-class accommodations including a light rail system for the 2008 Olympic Games and the world-class Opposite House hotel in Beijing by Kengo Kuma. The author notes China's strengths in the flexibility of its manufacturing and building...
- RIO GETS READY. KAVALAR, MICHAEL // Planning;Jul2016, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on the preparation of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the 2016 Olympic Games that will be held in the country. Topics discussed include several legacy and infrastructure projects for the event such as light rail and subway expansion, the pacification of favelas, and the statement...
- The Olympic Games. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p194
Offers a plethora of information about the Olympic Games. Brief history of the Games; The 1996 Summer Games in Atlanta, Georgia as the 100th anniversary of the modern Olympic Games; Timeline of Olympic firsts; Sites of the 1996, 1998, 2000 and 2002 Games; List of Olympic sports.
- The Olympic Games. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p204
Discusses the modern Olympic Games. Brief history of the ancient Greek Olympic Games; Timeline of some Olympic firsts; Facts on the 1996 Olympics, held in Atlanta, Georgia, the 100th anniversary of the modern Olympics; Sites of the Winter Games for 1998 and 2002; Site of the 2000 Summer Games;...
- Olympic fever strikes; marketers eye '94, '96. Levin, Gary // Advertising Age;7/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 30, p39
Reports that marketers are already looking ahead to Lillehammer, Norway, and Atlanta, sites of the 1994 Winter Olympics and the 1996 Summer Olympics respectively; ISL Marketing has already signed Coca-Cola Co. as the first sponsor in its The Olympic Program III; Other companies close to being...
- BA dumped for Cyprus Airways. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/17/2003, Issue 2590, p7
Reports on the removal of British Airways as the official airline carrier for the Great Britain team to represent the Olympic Games in Athens, Greece in 2004.
- back story sporting spirit. // Engineer (00137758);9/20/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7802, p24
No abstract available.