Cinar Recoups All $122 Million Investment In Settlement
- Cinar Recoups All Of $122 Million Investment in Settlement With Globe-X. // Electronic Education Report;11/08/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p7
Reports on education and entertainment products company Cinar Corp.'s entry into an agreement with investment manager Globe-X Management to recoup the remaining 50.9 million dollars of Cinar funds expended in an allegedly improper offshore investment.
- Cinar to recover coin from Globe-X stake. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;07/06/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 22, p4
Reports that kid's TV producer Cinar is expecting to get back an additional $3.6 million that was invested in a Bahamas-based company called Globe-X Management.
- Cinar waiting on $10 million from Montreal bank. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;06/06/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 18, p85
Reports on investment maturity received by Cinar Corp. from Globe-X Management Ltd., a financial firm based in Montreal, Quebec. Worth of the investment.
- CINAR COMES TO TRUCE. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;03/30/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 20, p6
Highlights the interim agreement signed by Canadian television producer Cinar Corp. with Globe-X Management to allow it to assess investments made by Globe-X with Cinar funds. Cinar's suspension of its lawsuit against Globe-X and its affiliated companies; Cinar's effort to regain the funds...
- Cinar, Globe-X sign to restore $50.9 mil. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;10/26/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 39, p5
Informs that troubled Canadian TV company Cinar Corp. has signed a deal with Globe-X Management in the Bahamas to recover funds invested offshore without board approval. Payment deal in exchange for Cinar's cessation of all legal proceedings against Globe-X.
- For 1998, revenues, operating income soar at Cinar Corp. // Electronic Education Report;03/03/99, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Cinar Corp. for the fiscal year ended November 30, 1998. Deals signed in China and Canada; Comparison of the financial performance with the previous year.
- Cinar Corp.'s education holdings see 41.3% revenue growth in 1Q. // Electronic Education Report;05/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Cinar Corp. for the first quarter ended February 28, 1999. Growth in revenues of education holdings which publishes and distributes classroom supplements; Increase in gross profit and net income.
- Entertainment publisher Cinar to bring its education focus to the Internet. // Electronic Education Report;11/24/99, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p3
Reports that Cinar Corp. will expand its electronic media offerings on the World Wide Web.
- Cinar Recovers $46M From Fraudulent Investment; Appoints New Leaders. // Electronic Education Report;03/29/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p7
Reports that Cinar Corp. recovered a total of ten million dollars from investment fraud.