Pearson, McGraw-Hill, Random House Invest In Online Library
- Pearson's Education Business to Top Guidance. // Educational Marketer;2/ 2/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that all businesses and education unit at Pearson PLC in London, England and New York City have exceeded the 2008 company guidance with an 11% increase in North American Education sales.
- Pearson eyes Telemadrid stake. Johnson, Debra; McCormick, Nicole // Broadcasting & Cable;12/02/96, Vol. 126 Issue 50, p56
Reports on Great Britain media group Pearson's plans to acquire a stake in Spanish regional station Telemadrid.
- Pearson leaves Hong Kong. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p48
Reports that British television group Pearson Television has withdrawn its operations in Hong Kong.
- Pearson's Spanish expansion. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;10/06/97, Vol. 127 Issue 41, p63
Announces a strategic alliance between Great Britain-based Pearson's Spanish publishing group, Recoletos and Telefonica.
- Pearson sales up 20%, but write-offs hurt earnings. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/24/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p26
Discusses the publishing conglomerate Pearson as of March, 1997. Its twenty percent sales increase in 1996; Profits for 1996, excluding the write-off for unauthorized discounts at Penguin USA; Breakdown by division and company; Impact of the integration of Putnam into Pearson; New executives...
- Pearson PLC in a TV mood. Kaye, Jeff; Marich, Robert // Hollywood Reporter;9/18/95, Vol. 339 Issue 1, p4
Reports on Pearson PLC's plans to acquire Hollywood television program production and distribution companies. Negotiations with ACI; Reason for Pearson's sale of its stake in British Sky Broadcasting; Account of the company's print media interests.
- Pearson posts profit plunge. Kaye, Jeff // Hollywood Reporter;8/21/95, Vol. 338 Issue 31, p15
Reports on the financial performance of the British media group Pearson. Pretax profit for the second quarter of 1995; Sale of 9.75 share in British Sky Broadcasting; Holdings of Pearson.
- Grundy Prods. takes `Family' to Asia. Woods, Mark // Variety;8/21/95, Vol. 360 Issue 3, p26
Reports that Pearson Television's Singapore-based Reg Grundy Productions unit has been commissioned to produce 200 episodes of a Bahasa language version of the television program `Family Feud' for Indonesian commercial web Anteve.
- Pearson reshapes book operations. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/26/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 39, p12
Reports on Pearson plc's plans to restructure its publishing business. Division of the Longman Group into different units; Merger of Ladybird Books with Penguin; Creation of a new Pearson Professional Group; Management changes as part of the restructuring efforts.