Reed-Elsevier To Buy Harcourt, Then Spin Off Higher Education Assets To Thomson Corp
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;3/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p8
Reports international developments on publishing industries as of March 4, 2002. Acquisition of Harvill Press by Random House UK; Purchase of Harcourt General Inc. by Reed Elsevier PLC; Reorganization of the publishing operations of Walker Books.
- Reed Elsevier to sell its British papers. // Editor & Publisher;8/12/95, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p16
Reports on Reed Elsevier's plans to sell its regional newspapers in Great Britain. Other newspapers and assets to be sold.
- Harcourt Bats A Homer For New Parent Reed Elsevier in 2001. // Educational Marketer;3/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the increase in revenue of British-Dutch publishing company Reed Elsevier's Education Division in 2001.
- Sales, profits up at Reed Elsevier. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/22/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 34, p12
Reports that media company Reed Elsevier plans to seek a New York Stock Exchange listing. Release of financial results for the first half of 1994; Pretax profits; Sales; Major acquisitions in 1993; Finalization of compensation terms with former co-chairman Peter Davis.
- Reed reports strong results. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/21/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 34, p16
Focuses on the financial performance of Reed Elsevier for the six months to June 1995. Reasons for the results; Comparison with 1994 figures.
- Harcourt Sale Put On Hold Pending British Review Of Competition. // Educational Marketer;03/05/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the delay of the closure of an acquisition agreement between Reed-Elsevier and Harcourt General until the end of May 2001.
- Tierney Brings Digital Experience In Move to Reed Elsevier Education. // Educational Marketer;12/16/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p4
Focuses on the appointment of Patrick Tierney as chief executive officer of Reed Elsevier PLC in London, England. Career background; Job description; Potentials of Tierney for the company.
- People... // Educational Marketer;5/5/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p7
Reports that Patrick Tierney is named as one of the board of directors of Reed Elsevier PLC in the U.S.
- Reed Elsevier Issues Tepid 2003 Outlook for Harcourt Education. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p6
Reports on the financial performance of the subsidiary of Reed Elsevier Inc., Harcourt Education in Orlando, Florida. Volatility of the supplemental business; Assessment of the projected revenue growth for Harcourt; Impact of the suspended school funding on the enterprise.