Religious Diversity in Schools
- One Nation, Many Gods. Kilman, Carrie // Education Digest;Nov2007, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p14
The article, condensed from the original in the Fall 2007 issue of "Teaching Tolerance," discusses teaching religion in public schools as a means of increasing knowledge, understanding, and tolerance. The article describes the world religions curriculum developed by the Modesto, California...
- Challenges of Religious Education in Contemporary Romanian Schools. OPRIŞ, MONICA; OPMŞ, DORIN // Ecumenical Review Sibiu / Revista Ecumenica Sibiu;Aug2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p221
The currentpaper aims to present the trajectory of religious education in Romanian public schools after 1990, when the fall of the Communist regime made it possible again to include religious studies in the curriculum. A series of obstacles had to be overcome before this old traditional...
- Introduction. Cobb, Peter W. // Gateways to Spirituality: Pre-School through Grade Twelve;2005, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Amanda Millay Hughes on exploring the potential sacred objects in teaching and learning about world religions, one by Arthur J. Schwartz on identifying and measuring religious genius, and another by Rachael...
- Teaching for religious tolerance in Modesto: Just enough, but not too much. Lester, Emile // Phi Delta Kappan;Dec2011/Jan2012 Supplement, p10
The article presents a review of the article "Teaching for Religious Tolerance in Modesto: Just Enough, But Not Too Much," by Emile Lester in volume 93, issue 4 of the journal "Phi Delta Kappan", which discusses a world religions course for high school freshman in Modesto, California.
- Editor's Introduction. Mackinnon, Jacquelin // James Cook University Law Review;2006, Vol. 13, p6
The article presents various reports published within the issue including one by Peter Black on incorporating new communications technologies into the teaching and learning mix and another by Lisa Westcott and Mandy Shircore on a curriculum design project for the learning needs of first year...
- Real Losses. Proefriedt, William A. // Education Week;01/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p38
Comments on the significance of the connection between religion and education in public schools in the United States. Anxieties of American education; Concept of education according to Horace Mann; Concerns of Stephen H. Carter on religion and public life.
- Debating the Decalogue. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;8/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p28
Reports the campaign for exhibiting the Ten Commandments in public schools by legislators in North Carolina. Utilization of the documents for public use associated with Christianity and Judaism; Legislation on schools teaching of history and geography; Impact on the students.
- Teaching About RELIGION. Douglass, Susan L. // Educational Leadership;Oct2002, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p32
Deals with the U.S. standards for teaching religion. Benefits of learning about the history, cultures and belief systems of people; Guidelines to implementing national standards for teaching about religion. INSET: How Should We Teach About Religion?.
- Good stuff. // NEA Today;Nov97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p20
Features materials and pamphlets that educators and parents can use in teaching religion and establishing relationships with their students.. `Living with our Deepest Differences: Religious Liberty in a Pluralistic Society,' a United States history curriculum from the Freedom Forum First...