Canada lags US in adoption of e-prescribing
- AMCP Pearls. // Formulary;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p599
Presents insights from the 12th annual meeting of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy. Automated pharmacy editing software to ensure proper COX-2 use; Disadvantages of a three-tier design of a drug benefit; Computer program to help in the development of formulary recommendations.
- DrFirst Makes Access to E-Prescribing Of Controlled Substances Technology Available to 160 HIT Vendor Partners Nationwide Through EPCS Gold(tm). // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/30/2011, p787
The article offers brief information on E-Prescribing Of Controlled Substances (EPCS) technology from DrFirst Corp.
- How We Improved Our Practice and Our Bottom Line With a New EMR System. Block, Bradley M. // Family Practice Management;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p25
The article discusses the benefits of an electronic medical record (EMR) system in improving family practice in the U.S. These benefits include increased efficiency, improved quality of care and office income and faster payment by insurance companies. Other advantages include easy and cheap...
- HIT roundup. // Medical Device Daily;9/24/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 186, p4
This article reports on the launch of a formulary application from Fingertip Formulary that enables healthcare professionals to search for current formulary statutes and plans with the Fingertip Formulary database from their iPhone smartphones.
- New tool uses pharmacy data to improve adherence. Talsma, Julia // Drug Topics;Aug2014, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p20
The article offers information on the Adherence Performance reporting solution from McKesson Pharmacy Systems and Automations.
- Simple computerised repeat prescription control system. Meldrum, David // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/13/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6280, p1933
Investigates the benefits of using computers in monitoring and controlling repeat prescriptions. Developments in the programming of repeat prescriptions; Problems encountered in the use of computerized repeat prescriptions and control systems; Security of the system.
- Pharma Reps Can Now Access Formulary Data Anytime, Anywhere. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article discusses the release of iPad applications from the company Fingertip Formulary and also discusses its utility in providing access and insight into formulary data.
- TCGRx Launches MedPickRx(tm) System; The latest innovation in formulary management for more than 1500 medications with full perpetual inventory. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/5/2011, p123
The article offers information of MedPickRx system from TCG Lifesciences.
- We benefit when we overcome our technophobias. Curry Jr., R. Whit // Patient Care;Aug2005, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p2
Focuses on the advantages of developing an interoperable electronic health record (EHR) system. Failure of the health care industry to ensure that a patient's medical records, laboratory studies and pharmacy records are readily transferable and readable according to an article published in the...