Managing evidence-based knowledge: the need for reliable, relevant and readable resources
- A little value goes a long way. Andes, Karrie // Employee Benefit News;Sep2009, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p10
The article discusses the importance of value-based design in health care management. The author stresses that value-based design must be seen by the health care industry as an investment opportunity and not as an expense. The latter perception dominates the eyes of stakeholders and upper...
- Using Real-Time Simulations to Make Medical Technology Decisions. Rosan, Jay; Fabius, Raymond; Frazee, Sharon Glave; Fonseca, Nic // Physician Executive;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p50
The article focuses on the evaluation process of evidence-based vendor content for making clinical decisions. It discusses the methods used by the CHD Meridian Healthcare (CHDM) company, provider of workplace health centers and integrated health and productivity management solutions in the U.S.,...
- Avoidability: An alternative standard for medical liability. Jayasankar, S. Jay // AAOS Now;Aug2010, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p33
The article focuses on the alternative medical liability systems developed for the management of medical liabilities. It states that the systems are working through precedents, medical experts, and avoidability. It mentions that the systems allow the compensation whenever the needed clinical...
- FAST STATS. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Nov2010, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p6
The article presents statistics on the health care industry including statistics on hospitals' use of evidence-based treatments, the success rates of hospital treatments for pneumonia and hospitals' compliance with providing fibrinolytic therapy to heart attack patients.
- Management Matters: Technology Succeeds When Management Innovates. Alemi, Farrokh // Frontiers of Health Services Management;Fall2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p17
Discusses how electronic-health technology can be successfully integrated into the management of healthcare organizations. Factors leading to success and failure; Guidelines for healthcare executives; Redefinition of organizations by technology.
- The impact of health information technology on the quality of medical and health care: a systematic review. Jamal, Aziz; McKenzie, Kirsten; Clark, Michele // Health Information Management Journal;2009, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p26
The aim of this study was to systematically review the published evidence of the impact of health information technology (HIT) or health information systems (HIS) on the quality of healthcare, focusing on clinicians' adherence to evidence-based guidelines and the corresponding impact this had on...
- Safety Is Their Job. Carpenter, Dave // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2002, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the proliferation of patient safety officers after the report of the Institute of Medicine in 1999 on medical errors. Changes in administrative staffing; Challenge faced by patient safety officer; Importance of patient safety officers.
- Prospective assessment of fluoroquinolone use in a teaching hospital. Méan, M.; Pavese, P.; Vittoz, J. P.; Foroni, L.; Decouchon, C.; Stahl, J. P.; François, P. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Dec2006, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p757
The aim of this study was to review the use of fluoroquinolone (FQ) drugs in a teaching hospital and to bring to light the factors associated with FQ misuse. A prospective observational study of FQ prescriptions was conducted in a 2,200-bed teaching hospital. Every hospitalized patient receiving...
- Implementing an electronic medication overview in Belgium. Storms, Hannelore; Marquet, Kristel; Nelissen, Katherine; Hulshagen, Leen; Lenie, Jan; Remmen, Roy; Claes, Neree // BMC Research Notes;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p692
Background An accurate medication overview is essential to reduce medication errors. Therefore, it is essential to keep the medication overview up-to-date and to exchange healthcare information between healthcare professionals and patients. Digitally shared information yields possibilities to...