Residents claim 24-hour call violates Charter rights
- Lightening the load of training docs. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Aug2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the issuance of standards limiting residents' work hours for all medical specialties in the U.S. Requirements and guidelines governing the work of residents; Work habits of residents; Improvement of job safety and health of residents.
- Should resident physicians' working hours be limited? Kelly, Joyce // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2002, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p30
Answers question on whether to reduce the working hours of resident physicians.
- Resident Doctors Overworked. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the duty-hour standards required for residency programs.
- British junior doctors still work too long. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/04/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7073, p10
Reports that junior doctors in Great britain are working longer hours than they should despite an agreement between the government and the profession. Number of duty hours required; Number of hours worked.
- Medical School Council Urges Limits On Residents' Hours. Pomeroy, Ann // HR Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on the final standards on resident duty hours announced by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education in the U.S. Average work hours allowed for medical residents; Reasons for limiting the work hours of residents; Provisions of the standards.
- TIME'S UP FOR RESIDENTS. // Dermatology Times;Aug2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p70
Focuses on the changes in the number of work hours for residents in hospitals.
- Fla. BK groups sue brand owner over longer hours. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/11/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 31, p3
The article reports that Burger King in Florida have filed a suit against their franchisor. It notes on the new requirement that their franchisor asked by extending its operating hours, opening at 6 a.m. and closing at 2 in the dawn which could expose employees and customers to danger. Moreover,...
- Treble Damages Under Massachusetts Wage and Hour Laws. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q2, Special section p1
The article reports that a clarification of the Wage and Hour laws by the Massachusetts legislature has implication for the handling of wage and hour complaints by employers. According to the legislature, it is the employers' responsibility to pay their employees what they are entitled to and...
- Brighter, less experienced …. // Modern Healthcare;7/12/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 28, p27
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "ACGME proposes 16-hour cap for first-year residents" published in the June 23, 2010 issue.