Indexes Mostly Lower; Players Flee Equities for Fixed-Income
- The campaign should be about jobs, not insults. HAMILTON, LEE // Fort Worth Business Press;10/17/2016, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p46
The author discusses issues concerning the presidential election in the U.S. including criticism against politicians and debate on the economy.
- Tough Times Hit the Good Life. // CU360;6/23/2008, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the effects of the presidential election season in the life of middle-class Americans. These are tough times according to many as the credit crunch continuously gives hard finances and economic progress has yet to rise again. Reports include below the peak household...
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/13/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p33
Highlights economic developments in the United States, as of November 13, 2000. Indicators of the economy's move into a transition period; Impact of the so-called misery index on the results of past presidential elections.
- ARKANSAS. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;8/28/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p2571
Presents information on the Arkansas politics in relation to the 2004 U.S. presidential elections. Stand of the state on the Republican and the Democratic parties; Views of the state on the presidential candidacy of Senator John Kerry; Economic indicators as of January 2001.
- LOUISIANA. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;8/28/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p2575
Presents information on politics in Louisiana in relation to the 2004 U.S. presidential elections. Percentage of votes earned by Republican and Democratic presidential candidates from 1980 to 2000; Information on the political campaigns of the Democrats; Forecast on the outcome of the efforts...
- OHIO. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;8/28/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p2585
Presents information on politics in Ohio in relation to the 2004 U.S. presidential elections. Presidential election results from 1980 to 2000; Status of Republican and Democratic candidates; Population of the state; Economic indicators as of January 2001.
- Top 10 Bad Economic Signs for Obama. // Human Events;9/24/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 36, p29
The article discusses a list of top 10 economic indicators regarded as unfavorable to U.S. President Barack Obama's reelection bid. Topping the list is the 8.1% unemployment rate despite his infusion of one trillion U.S. dollar 2009 economic stimulus. Obama's job creation record is deemed the...
- The 2012 U.S. Presidential Election: Did Markets Matter? Walker, David A. // Journal of Accounting & Finance (2158-3625);2013, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p49
The 2012 presidential opinion polls just before Election Day and economic models predicted a close popular vote. Using models estimated through 2008, 2012 presidential election vote shares are simulated with reasonable assumptions and actual results for economic growth rates, rates of inflation,...
- Current economic trends favor Obama's re-election. CASIANO, MANUEL A. // Caribbean Business;6/2/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p14
The article discusses the impact of current economic growth on the U.S. President Barack Obama re-election. It states that the U.S. improving economy will help in job growth, favoring Democrats and President Obama in time for the election. It also mentions that if President can control inflation...