- Alaska Indians test Nevada gaming waters. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;08/16/99, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p1
Highlights a report pointing to the need for controls on the practice of day-trading on stock markets in the United States. Suggesting of extending regulations covering traditional stock brokerage firms to day trading; Rate of customer failure in day-trading; Comparison with gambling.
- THE FUTURE OF THE NATIONAL MARKET SYSTEM. Seligman, Joel // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall84, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p79
This Article analyzes the extent of the SEC's failure to facilitate a national market system. It begins with a description of how the securities markets function today. It then describes how the SEC's failure to remove barriers to competition has frustrated completion of a national market...
- Longer U.S. trading day will stress global ops. Stirland, Sarah // Securities Industry News;03/08/99, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p1
Reports that extending United States exchanges' hours has significant implications for global securities operations. Changes in the process; Accommodation of the inevitable shorter settlement cycles.
- Where Wireless, Blackouts, ECNs Meet. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;02/05/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p4
Reports the transfer of jurisdiction over securities and exchange in the United States from the Energy and Commerce Committee to the Financial Services Committee. Chairmanship of the two committees; Retention of jurisdiction over electronic commerce; Congressional compromise on jurisdiction...
- A Wholesalers' Limit Order Woes. // Traders Magazine;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 201, p12
Reports on developments relevant to the limit order display and securities' trading rules by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Transactions at the bull market; Implications for trade and finance.
- Can Markets Work During Emergencies. // Traders Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 202, p12
Reports on the Investment Company Institute's call for the improvement of securities trade execution information links in the United States so that markets can continue to function even during emergencies. Reason behind the campaign; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack against the...
- Sophisticated Market Pro Idea Called 'Consistent' With Law. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p5
Reports the consistency of proposals on sophisticated market regulation with the securities laws in the United States. Regulatory protections for market professionals; Discussion on sophisticated market professional concept; Regulatory treatment to transactions involving defined categories of...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p40
Presents charts and graphs depicting stock market statistics in the United States as of February 2001. Market indicators; Short-term tax exempt yields; US securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; One-year note index; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances;...
- Now is the time to buy US stocks. Ross, James // Accountancy;Mar1978, Vol. 89 Issue 1015, p9
Provides an analysis on the condition of stock market in the United States. Effect of the elimination of the surrender requirement on sales of overseas securities; Performance of growth companies; Indication of the share price charts.