This Time Around, Nevada Is Putting Its Money on Education
- Slow path to enlightenment. Ryan, Conor // Public Finance;10/18/2002, p26
Discusses issues facing higher education funding in England. Government's stand on a graduate tax; Possibility of giving freedom to universities to charge the market prices for courses; Plans to promote programs which encourage inner-city youngsters to go into higher education.
- Old school ties. Brennan, Tim // Building Design;6/17/2005, Issue 1678, p14
Comments on the announcement of the Building Schools for the Future investment program of the government in Great Britain. Terms and provisions of the program; Significance of the objective of providing every students with a learning environment that prepares them with challenges of the modern...
- Human Capital Migration: Implications for Common School Finance. Holland, David W.; Tweeten, Luther G. // Land Economics;Aug73, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p278
The purpose of this article was to estimate the geographic distribution of schooling benefits and to show how such estimates could address the question of the distributional share of federal, state, and local public schooling revenues. The ability-spillover model illustrates how local, state,...
- Half Way Home. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;11/04/98, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p36
Discusses the efforts of Family Partnership Charter School (FPCS) parents in Alaska in pioneering public funding and home schooling. School-run accounts started by FPCS parents; Views of some national home school advocates; Comments from some teachers, parents and students. INSET: Program puts...
- Vouchers: The Heart of the Matter. Doerr, Edd // Humanist;May/Jun97, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on the United States Catholic Bishop's efforts to seek public fund for Catholic private schools. Use of Joseph Claude Harris' book which provides needed perspective on the bishops' campaign for tax aid; Comparison of donations given by Protestant and Catholic households to their...
- Â£15bn school funding ray of hope amid cuts. Hopkirk, Elizabeth // Building Design;10/22/2010, Issue 1937, p3
The article focuses on the 15 billion pounds funding to be allotted for the refurbishing and rebuilding of 600 schools in Great Britain, as announced by Great Britain Prime Minister George Osborne.
- Court upholds vouchers for parochial schools. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Curriculum Administrator;Aug98, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p30
Reports that the Supreme Court in Wisconsin upheld the use of public funds to pay parochial school tuition for low-income students. Details on the voucher system in Milwaukee, Wisconsin adopted in 1989; Number of private schools in Milwaukee that qualify for taxpayer-financed tuition.
- Pluralism, private schools and public policy. Randall, E. Vance // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;1994, Issue 1, p35
Examines the degree of state intervention in the educational processes of private schools. Diminishment of educational pluralism by state regulations; US Supreme Court's guidelines in the relationship between state and private schools; Effects of state regulation to parental choice in...
- Kansas Study Suggests Combining School Districts. // Curriculum Administrator;Mar2001, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p13
Presents the results of a study in Kansas on the reduction of school districts in the state. Criteria for the performance evaluation of school districts.