Hamtramck, Mich., Finances Taken over By the State
- The buck stops where? // Caribbean Business;6/28/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p28
Reports on budget deficit in Puerto Rico. Prohibition of the Commonwealth constitution of 1952 on unbalanced budget; Reasons for the lower revenue projection; Details on government officials responsible for revenue projections.
- Building boom rages in 2003. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;12/9/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the number of commercial construction projects despite state budget deficit and legislative issues in Nevada. Building addition to the property of Mandalay Bay; Three-level expansion to the Forum Shops of Caesars Palace; Retail shops and restaurants of Bellagio hotel-casino.
- Obama-friendly business group given great White House access. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;12/6/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 136, p1
The article informs that the business group "Business Forward" has been granted access to senior officials of the White House in view of the "fiscal cliff" negotiations on budgets cuts and tax increases.
- Rx has means to counter budget cutters. Woldt, Jeffrey // Chain Drug Review;11/21/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p20
The article reports that the retail pharmacy operators continue to assist the government officials in their effort to control health care spending and address the long-term budget deficits in the U.S.
- Budget cuts proposed for Tibetan service RFA, VOA. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on the reduction of Budget cuts for Tibetan Service in Tibet, China. The White House-appointed Broadcasting Board of Governors has voted to reduced funding for broadcasts to Tibet more than 20 percent and the number of broadcasting hours. The 2008 budget also cuts Mandarin...
- Budget Expert Exits. O'Reilly, Evan // Governing;Dec2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p68
Reports on the resignation of Donna Arduin as state finance director of California. Reason behind her resignation; Efforts of Arduin to reduce the state's budget deficit; Replacement for Arduin.
- Health authority plans to recoup ...5m deficit. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;02/23/96, p6
Reports on North and Mid-Hampshire health authority's agreement to recover worsening budget deficit. Reason for the deficit; Plans on budget balancing; Effect of the budget balancing plan to the local community.
- Fiscal Worries In Hungary. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the response of government officials toward the adoption of the single European Monetary Union currency in Hungary in 2007. Warning from central bank Governor Zsigmond Jarai about the budget deficit in 2003 and 2004; Criticism on the possible benefits of euro to the economy; Factors...
- (BUDGET) State Officials Look to Cut Education Financing. // Children & Youth Funding Report;1/28/2011, p20
The article discusses the U.S. state lawmakers' approach to close budget deficit with deep cuts to state education spending. All states except North Dakota have fallen into red ink and the cumulative budget gap stands at about 414 billion dollars. Poor revenues are contributing to the...