Borrowing for Chicago's Millennium Park Will Hit $350 Million
- Local Goverment Helps Build Capacity of Community-Based Organizations. Gardiner, Brenda; West, Harriet // Public Manager;Summer2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the assistance of the local government to the operation of nonprofit organizations in Fairfax County, Virginia. Working groups in the areas of planning, fund raising and information technology; Foundations of nonprofits in contractual agreements with the county; Plan for supporting...
- Nonprofit audit data available from IRE. // IRE Journal;May/Jun2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p5
Provides information on the Federal Audit Clearinghouse database that lists all audits of expenditures of state and local governments and nonprofit organizations in the U.S. Number of records in the database; Other auditing data included.
- Foes of local-control initiative consider other strategies. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;07/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the efforts of the Citizens for Common Sense Government to oppose the ballot initiative designed to preserve local government control in Michigan. Proposed constitutional amendment requiring a two-thirds vote of the Legislature in passing a bill that would diminish local authority.
- Collaboration will help unite business with area workers. Giusti, Michael // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p43
Reports on the establishment of the Office of Work Force development in New Orleans, Louisiana. Collaboration project between the local government and nonprofit organizations; Delivery of employment services; Programs of the economic development foundation.
- City program helps draw events. Kleven, Colleen // Northern Ontario Business;Aug2005, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p21
The article reports on the confidence of cities and municipalities throughout Northern Ontario on the seasonal influx of tourists who bring in dollars to their communities. The symbolic relationship between local government and the tourism industry raises a logical question. Thus, an initiative...
- AACOG honors Boys & Girls Club of Wilson County. Ripps, Gregory // Wilson County News;12/17/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 51, p3B
The article reports that the Boys & Girls Club of Wilson County, a nonprofit organization in Texas, has received the Community Project of the Year from the Alamo Area Council of Governments (AACOG), a voluntary association of cities, counties and special districts in the state, in 2014.
- $2.1 MILLION IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT PLAYGROUND GRANTS AVAILABLE. // Public Management (00333611);Jun2011, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p27
The article announces the availability of grants offered by KaBOOM! nonprofit organization as part of its Playful City USA program in the U.S. The program honors those local governments that are committed to increase play opportunities for children. It offers grants for play-related projects...
- Quality Communities program announces grants. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/8/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p9
The article announces the fifty one Quality Communities grants totaling $3 million for economic development and environmental projects in New York. The Quality Communities initiative was able to offer a new round of $3 million in grant funding for local governments and not-for-profits. It is...
- Redefining Devolution. Morial, Marc H. // Harvard Journal of African American Public Policy;Summer2004, Vol. 10, p131
In his essay, Morial argues that devolution of resources and responsibilities to non-profits and local governments is the most efficient way to implement federal policies. The closest unit of government to our nation's citizens, municipal governments are better able to fashion meaningful...