Buoyed by Hefty Budget Surplus, Vermont Decides to Delay $24 Million GO Sale
- Munis End Mixed; King County Sells $444 Million in Two Issues. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p2
Focuses on the government bonds of King County, Washington. Indirect relationship between Treasury bonds and stocks; Decline of stock market; Total amount of issued loans.
- Politics, yields hurting bonds. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p8
Reports on the failure of an auction of state bonds with a two year maturity in Slovakia in July 2001. Total bids generated by the bonds; Interest rates; Option that the Finance Ministry could use if it needs to raise finances; Impact of political uncertainty on investors' interest in the market.
- Listing of California bonds eases the tracking of prices. Harman, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;3/14/94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the advantage of the move to list $3.3 billion in California state bonds on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Easier tracking of the price of investors' bonds; Possible savings for California taxpayers; NYSE's Automated Bond System; Proposal of the Securities & Exchange Commission...
- No Rush on Calif. Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p1
Reports on the failure of the California Assembly to pass a legislation authorizing the state to sell power purchase bonds in San Francisco, California. Implications of the delayed bond sale; Uses of the proceeds of the sale; Refusal of the Republicans to support the emergency legislation.
- Star struck on the World Wide Web. Eddy, Andy // Network World;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p28
Focuses on the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX), a Web-based stock market simulator which trades on the box-office receipts of films and the influence of movie actors. Details on the Informix database which HSX relies on; Features of HSX; Information on the Web site.
- Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields. // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p29
Presents a chart depicting municipal market data in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2002.
- Municipal Market Data Total Returns. // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p29
Presents a chart depicting the municipal market data total returns for the first quarter of 2002.
- Toronto Stock Exchange to demutualize by year-end. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;06/14/99, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p69
Announces that members of the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) in Ontario has voted on June 9, 1999 to trade in their traditional seats for shares in a nonprofit corporation. Terms of the demutualization plan for the TSE; Key changes at the exchange.
- Toronto Exits Workstation Biz As Mandated Standard Looms. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;09/13/99, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the Toronto, Ontario-based Toronto Stock Exchange's decision to end its trading station business operations as of September 13, 1999. Exchange's decision not to launch the version 3.0 of its Torex trading station. INSET: Stymiest Picked to Boost Confidence in TSE.