Philadelphia Moves Closer to Two-Stadium Financing Plan
- Stadiums become fields of bigger conflict. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p13
Supports the decision of mayors in different cities in Indiana concerning baseball stadiums. Importance of stadiums in the process of rebuilding the downtown area; Economic benefits.
- CITY HALL UNLOCKED. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;1/3/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p1
Reports the induction of Michael R. Bloomberg as the 108th mayor of New York, New York. Reduction of mayoral staff; Pledge to balance the municipal budget; Plan of former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani for the construction of baseball stadiums.
- West Side will help downtown. // Crain's New York Business;4/18/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p10
This article reports that opponents of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg administration's plan to build a stadium on the far West Side has fall into three groups. There is Cablevision, which is acting from pure commercial self-interest to try to block a potential competitor to its nearby...
- Yankee Stadium memorial mourned one death 6, 000 times. Reyes, Damaso // New York Amsterdam News;9/27/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 39, p3
Reports the hosting of a Yankee Stadium memorial to mourn the victims of the September 11th terrorist attack in New York City. Personalities in the memorial; Program of the memorial; Speech of the Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.
- Mayor Bloomberg's first test: new stadiums for the rich. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;1/3/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the issues concerning the support of city mayor Michael R. Bloomberg on the construction of baseball stadiums in New York, New York. Issuance of budget cuts affecting agencies and offices; Financial burden of the place due to the 2012 Olympic Games; Estimation on the construction cost...
- Year in Review. Bethel, Amber; Boyer, Ellen; Butler, Elisabeth; Kamerick, Megan; Pandolfi, Keith; Webb, Mary // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p22
Lists the top ten 2002 newsmakers selected by the 'New Orleans City Business' periodical in Louisiana. Election of Ray Nagin as mayor; Refusal of voters on the proposed construction of a stadium for the Charlotte Hornets basketball team; Amount of damage brought by Hurricane Lili to the state.
- ELECTION COVERAGE 2013. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;10/31/2013, Vol. 80 Issue 14, p1
The article discusses several questions related to construction of Minnesota Vikings stadium and improvement of relations between City police and black community asked by the periodical from mayoral candidates of Minneapolis City election that was held on November 5, 2013.
- Listen to a tale of two Indys. Shabazz, Abdul-Hakim // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p11A
Comments on the decision of Mayor Bart Peterson to pass a budget that eliminated about 170 public-safety positions in Indianapolis, Indiana. Claim of Peterson that the cuts would not have been necessary had the state General Assembly given him his Indy Works plan; Criticism of the author on the...
- MICHIGAN: Silverdome Deal in Doubt. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/23/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32924, p9
The article reports that Mayor Clarence Phillips might veto the plan of the sale of the former home of the Detroit Lions due to the uncertainty on the buyer's, attorney H. Wallace Parker, ability to afford the stadium in Michigan. It states that Pontiac City Council approved a measure to sell...