S.C.: Nothing 'Surreptitious' About Underwriter Selection
- South Carolina to recount votes for treasurer. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p3
Reports that South Carolina counties were ordered to retabulate their ballots dir several close races in the November 3, 1998, elections. Margin in the contest for state treasurer and comptroller general.
- Benjamin I. Duncan II. M.J.S. // State Government News;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, pXI
Features Benjamin Duncan II, South Carolina director, Administrative Services. Career in civil service; Career achievements; Family life.
- Public Servant of the Year. Mclaurin, Preston // South Carolina Business;2003, Vol. 23, p108
Reports on the 'Public Servant of the Year' as of 2003 awarded to Larry A. Martin, member of the General Assembly of Pickens County, South Carolina. Educational background; Description of his interest in politics; Career background.
- N.Y.C. to Restructure Tobacco Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the tobacco bonds in New York City. Plans of the city officials to finance ongoing capital projects; Need of discussing the alternative tobacco bond structures; Use of double-barrel pledges in selling tobacco bonds.
- S.C. Tobacco Securitization Yields Extra $16 Million. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p39
Reports that the state government of South Carolina generated more proceeds than expected from the sale of tobacco revenue bonds. Excess amount generated from the bond deal; South Carolina officials' plans of taking a break after such a successful conclusion to the state's bond transaction;...
- IRS Ends Audit of Westchester County's '99 Tobacco Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p4
Reports the conclusion of the Internal Revenue Service audit on the tobacco securitization bond issue in Westchester County, New York. Retention of tax-exempt debt; Variation in the structure of tobacco financing; Recovery of working capital needs.
- UBS Report Sees Market Shift as Wisconsin Helps Run Up Supply. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p27
Reports the increasing volume of tobacco bonds in Wisconsin. Alteration of market dynamics; Expansion of calendar for tobacco deals; Projection of turbo redemption date.
- Another N.Y. county mulls tobacco debt. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p1
Reports that Westchester County, New York officials are planning to sell bonds against 480 million dollars of proceeds the county expects to receive from the national tobacco settlement. Share in New York's overall settlement payment; Holding of the property tax rate.
- N.Y. City, Nassau tobacco plans reveal some major differences. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p32
Reports on the differences in the tobacco bond issues of New York City and Nassau County, New York. Use of flexible amortization structures; Time cushions between planned payments and rated maturities.