Ohio Reformer Hits School Budget as 'Woefully Inadequate'
- Time for change in financing methods. Aceves, Larry // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p7
Points out that California's schools have been underfunded for decades and it is time for a change in financing methods. Need for members of the Association of California School Administrators to find ways to support each other.
- If it's a budget cut, then it's personal. Manthey, George // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p11
Points out that budget decisions for schools in California will be personal because it will include reducing staff. Need for judgment calls about who will stay and who will go; Need to decide what work will not be done.
- Where has the money gone? Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb96, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p447
Elaborates on a study of spending in school districts between 1967 and 1991 conducted by Richard Rothstein and Karen Hawley Miles of the Economic Policy Institute. The creation of a Net Services Index to replace the Consumer Price Index which typically overstates the increase in education cost;...
- A Budget Deferred. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Apr99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p26
Provides information on a survey on the maintenance and operations (M&O) budgets of schools in the United States. Survey methodology; Facts and figures; Regional breakdowns of M&O budgets.
- School-Based Budgeting. Hadderman, Margaret // Teacher Librarian;Oct2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p27
Discusses a reform strategy that gives schools more authority over their budgets. Advantages obtained by switching from a district-centered finance system to school-based budgeting; Implementation issues and obstacles to switching; Information on emerging policies and research directions...
- FROM THE EDITOR. Cook, Glenn // American School Board Journal;May2010, Vol. 197 Issue 5, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the problems faced by schools brought by the global financial crisis in Kansas City, Kansas by Del Stover, pension dilemmas by Naomi Dillon, and developing budget for schools.
- Legislative update. // Education Week;03/26/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p17
Presents a summary of state budgets for education in Delaware, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Wyoming as proposed by their respective governors. Includes proposed budgets for 1998; Highlights of state budgets; Estimated state enrollment.
- Legislative Update. // Education Week;06/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p15
Presents a summary of the fiscal 2000 budgets for schools in Indiana and Kansas. Financial data; Budget composition; Highlights of the budgetary approval.
- Audit watchdog blows hole in Labour's school funding plans. Day, Karen // Public Finance;11/24/2000, p6
Focuses on the issues concerning the benefits of introducing direct funding of schools in Great Britain. Considerations for delegating budgets to schools in the year 2002 to 2003; Satisfaction of teachers with the delegation level of Local Education Authorities; Variation in the funding level...