Chicago City Council Passes Mayor's Budget, 48-0
- Malakoff approves 4 cent tax rate increase. Slaton, Russell // Malakoff News (TX);9/20/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the policies and ordinances approved by the City Council of Malakoff, Texas during a public meeting and hearing on September 16, 2013 including the 10.66% increase in property tax, budget for 2013-14 and personnel policy on longevity pay.
- Locally generated tax revenue should be spent on local projects. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/28/2001, Issue 322778, p30
Focuses on the impact of the reduction of local property tax revenue on the local government in California. Financial deprivations of cities and counties by the state government; Reductions of funding and service levels in the library system; Effects of the reduction on the public programs and...
- St. Paul to Weigh Tax Hike. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/9/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32441, p31
This article presents information on a possible tax hike in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The city is planning its largest tax hike in about 12 years. Chris Coleman, mayor of the city, prepared the 2007 budget with a proposed 8.5% property tax increase. The City Council is all set to review the budget...
- Carmel's budget lowers taxes. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p16
The article reports on the 2008 budget presented by Carmel, Indiana Mayor James Brainard during a special City Council meeting on September 4, 2007. According to the author, the budget included an updated 10-year fiscal plan for Carmel, as well as a resolution to cap the city's property tax...
- Budget includes fee increases, no new hires. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;1/2/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p9
The article reports that the budget proposal for the fiscal year starting on July 1, 2012 in Iowa City, Iowa will include free increase, reduction in five city positions, and reduced property taxes.
- County Deficit Less Than Projected. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/27/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p3
Predicts a decline in the fund budget of Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2005 due to changes in property tax collection. Concern on low-income residents; Reason cited by Commissioner Harold Voorhees for voting against the county's budget; Officials of the Finance Committee involved in making the budget.
- REAL ESTATE TAX AS AN EFFECIENT SOURCE OF LOCAL BUDGETS' REVENUES. Skvortsova, Snizhana Y. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Aug2013, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p109
The article considers the theoretical aspects of real estate taxation and analyzed the foreign experience in real estate taxation, considering inter alia the key problems and prospects for its application in Ukraine in order to form a stable and effective source of local budgets' revenues.
- WISCONSIN: Milwaukee OKs Fee Hikes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33002, p9
The article reports on the approval of $1.4 billion 2009 budget for property tax hike and fend off a solid-waste fee increase by the Milwaukee Common Council in Wisconsin. The budget relies on increased storm-water fees, parking meter rates and parking fines. It includes routine general...
- ILLINOIS: Tax Hikes for Flora & Fauna. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/24/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32740, p9
The article announces the $153 million 2008 budget for the Cook County Forest Preserve District by board president Todd Stroger in Illinois. The budget allocates $14.9 million to the Brookfield Zoo and $9.3 million to the Chicago Botanic Garden. It suggests to replace the wooden picnic tables...