Seattle, Others Hope To Halt Washington Tax-Limit Measure
- PUBLIC SECTOR DECISIONS, MARKET ADJUSTMENTS AND RISING HOUSING PRICES. Little, James T.; Roberts, John // National Tax Journal;Jun79 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p87
Discusses the relationship between public sector decisions, market adjustments and rising housing prices. Interpretation of tax limitation measures; Individual demands for housing; Definition of property tax.
- CAPITALIZATION SESSION: DISCUSSION. Oates, Wallace E. // National Tax Journal;Jun79 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p111
Focuses on Proposition 13 in California. Limitations on property taxation; Market value of commercial industrial property; Nature of state school-aid equalization formula.
- EFFECTS OF PROPOSITION 13 ON THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. Post, Alan // National Tax Journal;Jun79 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p381
Focuses on Proposition 13 in California. Distribution of the surplus in the State Treasury to local governments; Mitigation of the effects of the proposition; Shift in fiscal control and court decisions on bilingual education and school busing.
- PROPOSITION 13--GENESIS AND CONSEQUENCES. Oakland, William H. // National Tax Journal;Jun79 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p387
Focuses on the consequences of Proposition 13 in California. Reduction of the level and growth of state and local government expenditure; Restriction of the use of property tax as a source of government revenue; Total state-local tax burden.
- Albany Must Look at the Issues Preventing Property-Tax Relief. Butler, Marc W. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/24/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p9
The author discusses aspects on several issues that must be addressed by the New York state government to be able to provide an effective property tax relief in the state.
- Spending cap brings greater fiscal responsibility. Stewart, Bonnie // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/9/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 15, p46
The author reflects on the impact of state spending cap to the Legislature's Appropriations Committee in Connecticut. Gov. Jodi M. Rell would invoke her emergency powers to override the spending cap. This move will increase state aid for education and develop the property tax relief. It has been...
- INTERPRETING PROPOSITION 13: A COMMENT. Break, George F. // National Tax Journal;Jun79 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on Proposition 13, the Jarvis-Gann tax limitation proposal in California. Provisions of Proposition 13; Tax Limitation Hypothesis; Description of the 'competing groups' model.
- PROPOSITION 13 AND THE FAILURE OF ECONOMIC POLITICS. DeCanio, Stephen J. // National Tax Journal;Jun79 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p55
Focuses on the victory of the Jarvis-Gann initiative or Proposition 13 in California. Deterioration of the situation of homeowners due to property tax increases; Effective tax rate.
- PUBLIC SCHOOL QUALITY AND PRIVATE SCHOOL ENROLLMENTS. Sonstelie, Jon // National Tax Journal;Jun79 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p343
Focuses on the effects of Proposition 13 on public schools in California. Reduction in public school spending; Enrollment of children from public schools to private schools; Level of public school quality.