Nassau Legislature Awaits Gulotta's Revised Spending Plan
- Legislators face difficult budget choices. schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p19
Reports the amount in annual spending appropriations in budget in Indiana. Amount of property tax replacement; Priority of representative Jeff Espich; Reduction of budget for 2002-2003 biennium.
- Heal Medicaid. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/3/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p30A
Reports the problems on medicaid spending in New York. Calculation of the costs of hospital stay standards; Failure of the legislature to exercise proper discipline in establishing state Medicaid rules and reimbursement standards; Reduction of the local property taxes.
- ARIZONA: Maricopa Cuts Property Tax. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/26/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32658, p9
The article reports on the approval of a $2.2 billion budget for fiscal 2008, by supervisors in Maricopa County, Arizona. The measure lowers the county's overall property tax rate by 14 cents per $100 of assessed value. The county cut the primary property tax rate and reduced the flood and...
- AN APPRAISAL OF NEW REVENUE SOURCES. Ture, Norman B. // National Tax Journal;Sep72, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p451
This article discusses the appraisal of revenue sources to finance expansion of public expenditures in the U.S. The revenue sources which appear to have most potential as prices for public sector goods and services are, unfortunately, the same revenue sources which are most damaging to the...
- State needs leadership to make tough fiscal choices. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p16A
Reports the rippling effect of court-mandated property tax reassessment reform in Indiana. Impact of tax revenue to the economy; Proposal for tax changes; Decision of the General Assembly on tax collection and expenditures.
- The Effects of Property Taxes and Local Public Services upon Residential Property Values in Small Wisconsin Cities. McMillan, Melville; Carlson, Richard // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Feb77, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p81
Contrary to the results of similar studies in metropolitan areas, this investigation found no evidence that local property taxes and public expenditures were capitalized into the value of owner-occupied homes in small cities despite their considerable dependence upon the property tax. This does...
- REAL PROPERTY TAXES, LOCAL PUBLIC SERVICES, AND RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY VALUES. Hyman, David N.; Pasour Jr., E.C. // Southern Economic Journal;Apr73, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p601
Previous studies have suggested that property taxes are capitalized into lower housing values in urban areas of the Northeast and that local expenditures are positively associated with housing values.
The results of our cross-sectional study indicate that local taxation and expenditures in...
- No Relief for Property Owners. // USA Today Magazine;Apr90, Vol. 118 Issue 2539, p2
Reports on increase in property tax revenues in 1989 in the 50 largest cities in the U.S. Rate of increase; Reference to the fourth annual survey by Crain Communications' biweekly publication "City and State"; Link of the tax revenues to consumer price index; Spending on education and human...
- County begins work on preparing annual budget. SPENRATH, PHILLIP // East Bernard Express (TX);8/7/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 32, p2
The article reports that the 2013 county revenues of Wharton County totaled 22,908,260 U.S. dollars mostly coming from property taxes, fees and service charges while budget for governmental expenses is 21,918,708 U.S. dollars.