Birmingham, Ala., Voters Will Decide Control of Water Board
- Water, water everywhere. // American City & County;Apr95, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p63
Reports on developments concerning waterworks in the United States. Kenny Construction, Wheeling's contract in Chicago, Illinois Deep Tunnel Project; Berryman & Henigar's $525,000 contract for the design of the Miramar Storage Tank and Raw Water Connection, awarded by San Diego, California...
- Water plant's cooling cuts costs by 65 percent. Gegwich, Grant // Energy User News;Feb98, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
States that the Mount Pleasant Waterworks and Sewer Commission Operations Center has cut cooling costs by 65% due to an ice storage system and the use of treated wastewater. Amount of people who use the Operations Center's water and wastewater service; Information on the Operation Center;...
- After five years, Riverton taps into secondary water system. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/21/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the completion of the secondary water system in Riverton. Construction of a pump house; Construction of the irrigation water source; Increase of water supply.
- Trouble at the Waterworks. Nichols, Christina // Progressive;Jun89, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p33
Reports on the waterworks problems in Maryland. State budget for drinking water treatment; Drinking water standard under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Correction:. // Governing;Jul2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
A correction to the article "Water Works," by Elizabeth Daigneau in the May 2013 issue is presented which discusses the water hub being built in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Project will meet stiff regs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/20/95, Vol. 235 Issue 21, p24
Reports on a project for the construction of water storage and treatment facilities in Los Angeles, California. Planned use of post-tensioned concrete storage tanks; Project's trunkline element.
- Lebanon. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/8/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p26
Enumerates the names of the companies who submitted bids for the rehabilitation and expansion of the water supply network in the Metn and Barouk areas in Lebanon. Value of bids; Highest and lowest bidders.
- Libya's Great Man-Made River Project. Killgore, Andrew I. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Mar2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p56
Reports on Libya's Great Man-Made River Project, a giant water project that will transport water to the country's coastal cities. Staggering physical size; Consideration of the project as Libya's and Muammar Qaddafi's declaration of independence; Speculations on the ultimate source of the...
- Construction survey. // WaterWorld;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Presents a sampling of projects just completed, under way or in the planning stage in the United States. Includes microfiltration plant pilot trial in Clarence, Oklahoma; Upgrade of water system in Shreveport, Louisiana; Replacement and extension of PVC piping in Benton, Kentucky.