FOR LARGE & SMALL OPERATORS: THE DISH ON WASHERS
- AT BAPTIST HEALTH IN LITTLE ROCK: Warewasher, pulper team up to reduce labor, water usage. Van Nortwick, Mary // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p91
Looks at the warewasher and pulper system used by the food service segment at Baptist Health Medical Center in Little Rock, Arkansas. Benefits of the system; How it works; Total water demand of the machine; Impact of the warewasher on employees' job and daily duties.
- Hospital Power Players: University of Michigan Medical Center. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/27/2015, p1
The article offers information about the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor including the number of licensed beds, number of daily in-patients, and dining and nutrition services as of October 27, 2015.
- Assessment of noise exposure in a hospital kitchen. Achutan, Chandran // Noise & Health;2009, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p145
In March 2007, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) was asked to evaluate the noise exposure of employees in the Nutrition and Food Services Department of a large hospital, because of noise concerns raised after the installation of the PowerSoakÂ® dishwashing...
- The Three Keys to: Warewashing systems. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p126
Looks at issues regarding the warewashing systems of foodservice facilities in the United States. Main causes of cross-contamination; Why it is important to control bacterial growth in the dishroom; Factors that are significant to achieve cost-effective results from warewashing systems.
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.