WHERE MEDICINE, RESEARCH MEET: Catering at Univ. of Utah fulfills benefactor's goal
- AND EYES SALES RISE: HOSPITAL RETURNS TO BASICS. // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the increase in the sales of the catering operations at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington. Percentage of sales increase in employee cafeteria; Estimated profit generated from the catering service; Remarks from director Keith DeMars on the issue.
- Hospital marshals new cafe experience. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the 2005 increase in cafeteria sales at the Marshall Medical Center in Placerville, California by improving the menu, customer service and upgrading the seating area. Best selling foods at the cafeteria; Menu items introduced by the chef; Example of high-quality ingredients being...
- Grabbing a bigger share. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the increase in the retail food sales of Vassar Brothers Medical Center by expanding its menu options, developing popular grab-and-go assortment and increasing hours of operation as of July 2004. Sales forecast of Steve McKenna, director of hotel services for the center, by the end...
- Friendly's set as Baystate Medical Center. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
States that the Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts is planning to create a food operation in the lobby entrance which is expected to include the branded concept by Friendly's. Description of the area where the operation will be set up; When the operation is scheduled to open;...
- AT CAL-PACIFIC MED. CTR: MEAL TIME DELIVERY DROPS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the food service at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. Entrees offered to patients; Benefits of the food service approach.
- RETAIL PROGRAM UPGRADE: Maine Medical Center takes customer nutrition to heart. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the food service program of Maine Medical Center. Development of a heart-healthy food service program; Growth of the cafeteria of the center; Details of the I Love Food program.
- TO RAISE THE BAR FOR CUSTOMERS, STAFF: Value meals, food safety are tops at VA Canteens. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1
Repors on the introduction of value meals to the cafeterias of Veterans Canteen Service in Veterans Affairs Medical Centers in the United States. Partnership with Coca-Cola for promotion and marketing; Features of the meal; Importance placed by the agency on food safety.
- 11 ENTREES REPLACE 7-DAY CYCLE: Revamped patient menu nets UCLA hospital $30K. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the changes in patient menus as the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center in Los Angeles. Advantages of the menu change; Features of the offering.
- PRE-ORDERING CONTROLS WASTE: CA hosp. offering meals-on-the-run. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the Family on the Run program, a home-meal replacement program of the City of Hope Medical Center in Duarte, California. Description of the meals offered; Examples of food included in the meals; Average cost of a meal.