FUNCTIONS AND SOURCES: TRACE MINERALS
- Mineral magic. Redmon, George L. // Better Nutrition;Nov2000, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p68
Focuses on the health benefits of dietary minerals. Advantage of minerals over vitamins; Role of inorganic substances in maintaining and controlling homeostasis; Importance of minerals in metabolic and enzymatic functions; Process of mineral absorption in the body.
- Americans Using More Vitamin and Mineral Supplements. // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the increase number of adults using vitamin and mineral supplements in the U.S. Group of population utilizing the dietary supplements; Growth of the daily use of vitamins among Americans as compared to previous surveys; Estimated number of adults using herbal and botanical supplements...
- New Research Shows Mineral Supplement SierraSil and Vincaria Cat's Claw Suppress Cartilage Degradation. // Total Health;Oct/Nov2004, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the effectiveness of the use of a mineral supplement alone or in conjunction with a cat's claw extract to suppress cartilage degradation and inflammation according to a study conducted by researchers at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio in 2004. ...
- mineral supplement (Major drug group). // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p365
This article presents information on mineral supplements which refers to salts of essential mineral that may be taken orally to make up deficiencies in the diet, or where there are problems with absorption of the minerals into the body from normal foodstuffs. A few examples are calcium, iron,...
- Living longer, living well. Murray, Michael // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Nov2003, Issue 253, p106
Offers suggestions to increase life expectancy. Reduction of causes of premature death; Supplying the body with dietary supplements; Importance of vitamin and mineral formula for optimum health; Greens drink; Pharmaceutical-grade fish oil.
- Vitamins and Minerals. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p616
Presents a comprehensive women's health guide to vitamins and minerals. Two basic groups of vitamins; Minerals needed in the human diet; Recommended levels of vitamins and minerals; Risks of dietary supplements.
- iron. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p437
An encyclopedia entry for "iron" is presented. It is a mineral that is important for the formation of certain enzymes, haemoglobin, and myoglobin. Food sources are liver, cereal, fish, green leafy vegetables, nuts, and beans. A deficiency in iron leading to anaemia is usually caused by abnormal...
- Kids' supplements. Norton, Betty // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Sep2004, Issue 263, p160
Features various children's health supplements for a healthy body. Importance of vitamins in the body; Functions of minerals in the body tissues; Performance of omega-3 fatty acids for proper brain function and immune support; Usability and efficacy of phosphatidylcholine antioxidant substance...
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Mineral Supplements in Japan. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/ 9/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts depicting the 2009-2014 latent demand outlook for mineral supplements in several cities in Japan including Miyagi, Kagawa, and Hiroshima are presented.