- FOR SCHOOL FOODSERVICE FETES: Commodity distribution exec. honored. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p62
Reports on the commodity distribution and food service programs of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Award given to Les Johnson. director of the Food Distribution Division in the Food and Nutrition Service of USDA; Chicken fajita strip purchase program launched by the USDA; Beef...
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p60
Presents an update on commodities for the food service industry of the U.S. as of June 15, 2001. Purchase program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture for turkey products; Guidelines released by the American Academy of Pediatrics for children's juice consumption; Bonus commodities provision...
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p84
Cites updates on school food service and commodity purchasers in the United States as of October 1999. Details on the planned bonus salmon buy of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA); Volume of different products purchased by the USDA; Increase in prices for class two milk on the...
- Steer Crazy! // Food Management;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p72
The article discusses points which one should keep in mind while buying beef. Beef is graded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture inspectors at the request of the producer. Each inspected carcass is assigned one of eight grades. In descending order of quality, they are Prime, Choice, Select,...
- A tale of two beef markets forecast for 2000. Barone, John T. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p106
Presents the United States Department of Agriculture's market forecasts for different commodities in the United States for the year 2000. Coffee; Dairy products; Grain; Oil; Pork; Poultry.
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p76
Presents updates on commodities-related issues in the United States (U.S.) as of November 15, 2000. Status of ground beef purchases; Concerns over the foodborne pathogens in pork; Reopening of the program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (DA) for canned boned poultry; Volume of pasteurized...
- Commodities. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Sep99, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the commodities program of the United States Department of Agriculture. Criticisms received by the program from the public; Major changes to the program.
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p70
Presents the United States Department of Agriculture's update on food commodities as of September 15, 1999. Aim of the modification of requirements for vegetable protein products; Rate of increase in milk prices; Information on various purchases made by the department.
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p88
Presents updates on issues important to foodservice in the United States (US). Request of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) for increased budget in 2001; Dietary guidelines released by USDA; Volume of ground beef purchased by USDA.