IN SCHOOLS: Product mix keeps students coming back
- CALIF. KIDS GET CHOICE: NYC BANS SODA, SWEETS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p6
Reports the decision of the New York City Council to remove junk food items from school vending machines. Types of foods and beverages included in the junk food category; Aim of the ruling; Findings of the Information Oestreicher on the success of the city's school district in meeting the rules...
- IN LOS ANGELES SCHOOLS: Vended milk in bottles selling out daily. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the selection of schools within Los Angeles Unified School District for the test of milk vending machines as an alternative to sodas in California. Reason for the test; Profitability potential of the machines; Nutrition efforts of the school district.
- Seminole schools appeal to state. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p8
Reports that enforcement of state rules governing `foods of minimal nutritional value' sold through vending machines at schools was appealed by the Seminole County Public School District. When this law was enforced by the state Auditor General's office; When most districts sell soft drinks;...
- Florida Districts Step Up Innovation. // Food Management;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p10
The article focuses on the foodservice innovation in school disctricts in Florida. It states that vending machines will be deployed by Miami-Dade County Public Schools in its 45 high schools that will offer reimbursable meals and products from local farmers. Meanwhile, Pinellas County is...
- TO KEEP LUNCH PRICES LOW: A LA CARTE AIDS CHARLESTON IN VOLUME-GROWTH . // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Reports the expansion of the Charleston County School District's a la carte offerings of its food service facility in South Carolina. Why it previously had limited a la carte foods; Health concerns raised by the food service industry; Stance of the food service division on vending machines.
- PACKAGING IS KEY TO HOT FOOD SALES: VENDING HEATS UP. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p100
Reports on the popularity of vended hot food products in the U.S. as of July 15, 2002. Food items used by Automatic Chef Co.; Features of Hot Choice vending machines; Remarks from Dennis Plaster, vending supervisor for Ft. Hood military base in Killeen, Texas on how the hot food vending machine...
- `Out-of-service' time reductions: Break-downs. Lackey, G.E. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p216
Reports on the impact of vending machine breakdowns on food service operations. Vending machines' integration of electronic technology; Downtime reduction in vending machine servicing; Sales effect of broken vending machines.
- DOWN THE ROAD: Vending viewed as solution to difficult climate. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the reasons vending could very well become dominant method of foodservice in non-commercial settings. Debate among foodservice operators about vending in schools; How corporations will look at vending; Suggestion regarding cold food vending.
- ALL MARKETS: Self-op sales ahead of ind. avg. by 31%. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p63
Presents updates on the status of vending sales in non-commercial food service market in the United States as of October 15, 2000. Percentage of increase in sales; Average vending machine sales; Key trends in vending food service market.