IN COLLEGES: Machines help deliver product to fit lifestyles
- MarketCapsule: VENDING PRICES MOVING UP. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Compares the prices of vending products between the year 1998 and 1999 in the United States. Price increase in beverages and snacks; Percentage of vending sales in non-commercial outlets; Total vending sales in colleges.
- In college vending: `Special contracts' shift operating, sales balance. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p212
Reports on the vending operations at college campuses in the United States. Impact of campuswide foodservice contract on vending operations; Advantage of being a self-operating foodservice; Effect of debit cards on the purchasing power of students.
- Finding today's balance for `healthier' business. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p170
Focuses on availability of health foods in vending machine at college campuses in the United States. Comments of Andy Costanzo, chef at Roger williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island, on students' food preferences; Popularity of ice cream products; Lowfat vended items at the University of...
- Nestle's food service division to grow. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;8/15/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p15
Reports the expansion plans of Nestle Corp. of the Caribbean Area. Increase in the number of Nescafe coffee vending machines; List of coffee flavors; Types of vending machines.
- FROM BANANA TO VANILLA: Flavors drive quick growth. // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p119
Discusses the marketing of Nesquick milk from Nestle in vending machines. Flavors available; Reason for the decision of Nestle to fortify its milk with calcium; Shelf life of the product.
- Computer Maps Campus Eating Trends: UCal/Irvine customizes vending to match customers. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p40
Reveals that the University of California at Irvine is revamping its food vending program by using demographic information to match offerings closely to customers. Details on the plan; Explanations from Alan Moloney, food service director at the university; Specifications being considered by...
- COLLEGES: Perception adds sales-building opportunities. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p42
Focuses on the vending business in college and university campuses in the United States in 2001. Perception of food from vending machines; Examples of some marketing strategies that helped increase vending sales; Payment methods accepted by machines.
- SCHOOLS: Vending milk opens door to extra venues. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p48
Reports on milk vending machine sales in schools in the United States in 2001. Types of milk that are sold; How milk is packaged; Preferences of students.
- WITH ABUELITA AND CAFE DIEM: 'Comfort' cocoa potential. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p48
Provides information on the use of cocoa as a fine option in the beverage market. Introduction of cocoa mix in vending machines; Recipes with cocoa as a main ingredient; Introduction of Abuelita, a brand of hot cocoa from Nestle.