SENIOR NUTRITION: Whitson launches classes
- Offering a helping hand. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p34
Features the Whitsons, a family-owned food service management company based in Huntington Station, New York. Partnership with the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped; Story of Angelo Cavallaro who participated in Whitsons' Business Enterprise Program.
- ONE COLLEGE, SCHOOLS NEXT? WHITSONS EYES NJ ACCOUNTS. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the target market of Whitsons, a food service contractor based in Huntington Station, New York. Marketing approach used by the contractor; Accounts from the school market.
- WHITSON CREATES SENIOR U. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p30
Deals with the launching by Whitsons of the Senior University program, which comprises a series of nutrition and general information classes presented at senior center locations. Goal of the program; Comments from the commissary manager and the company executive director.
- Balancing Act. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p70
The article deals with the desserts being offered by Whitsons Culinary group at the foodservice units of EstÃ©e Lauder, which include low-fat vanilla yogurt, mini cannoli cupcakes and granola.
- Whitsons to take part in training program for visually impaired. Battaglia, Andy // Nation's Restaurant News;08/10/98, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p74
Reports on on-site food service provider Whitsons' participation in the Business Enterprise Program (BEP) instituted by the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped. Mechanics of the BEP; Details about Whitson's first BEP graduate; Benefits of the program for students and other company...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/16/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p20
Reports developments related to restaurant industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Selection of the Whitsons Inc. to manage the foodservice account at the University of Baltimore; Launch of the Gustav's Pub and Grill at Portland International Airport by HMSHost company; Introduction of the...
- 31% see more promos in '97: Menu brand-counts rise. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p1s
Reports on findings from `FoodService Director' periodical's study of menu-brand trends in the United States. Non-commercial operators' promotion of manufacturer brands daily and weekly; Increase in the number of food kiosks; Initiatives launched by soup marketers Campbell's and Stockpot; Taco...
- Breakfast cart revs up Marathon Oil Tower sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the impact of the introduction of breakfast carts on the sales made by the Marathon Oil Tower in Houston, Texas. Information on the operations of the cart; Details on the service offered by the carts; Reference to the affordability of the commodities offered; Factors which influence...
- CALENDAR. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p60
Presents a schedule of events for the food service industry in Canada and the U.S. from November 2004 to October 2005.