'OPTING OUT' OF THE MINIMUM WAGE: 'State flex' wage plan mulled
- The first minimum wage laws. Thies, Clifford F. // CATO Journal;Winter91, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p715
Reconsiders the available data pertaining to the economic effect of the first minimum wage laws in light of contemporary minimum wage theory. Historical overview; Minimum wages and justice; Distribution of wages; Effects of minimum wages; Assessment of the effectiveness of early wage laws in...
- [Should the `Minimum Wage Restoration Act...']. Ellis, W. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep87, Vol. 66 Issue 8/9, p200
Four articles argue against passage of the `Minimum Wage Restoration Act of 1987.'
- Clinton signs bill to increase U.S. minimum wage. // Jet;9/9/96, Vol. 90 Issue 17, p32
Reports that President Bill Clinton signed a bill that will increase the federal minimum wage in 1997. Details of the bill; Clinton's opinion; Bill signed as children of minimum wage earners looked on.
- Minn. tables minimum-wage hike. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/17/95, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the termination of deliberations by the Minnesota Senate regarding a minimum-wage increase bill.
- Mass. pols push minimum wage hike. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/19/95, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p124
Reports on the approval of the bill boosting Massachusetts' minimum wage to $5.25 per hour. Voting on the bill in the state's House and Senate.
- Clinton signs minimum-wage hike into law. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p2
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's signing into law of a minimum wage hike. Provisions of the bill; Impact of the law on the foodservice industry.
- National minimum wage adult rate drops to 21. // Employers Law;Aug2010, p5
The article details the British Government's National Minimum Wage (NMW) Regulations which state that employees who are 21 years of age on October 1, 2010 will be eligible for the full NMW of 5.93 pounds per hour.
- APPENDIX - THE BRITISH MINIMUM WAGES ACT OF 1909. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May10, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p578
The arrangement of sections of the British Minimum Wages Act of 1909 is presented.
- Minimum-wage hike proposal debated. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/17/96, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the deliberations in the US Congress on the proposal to increase the minimum wage. Features of the proposal; Comment by Representative Peter Hoekstra; Arguments against the proposal; Comment by economist George Erickcek; Impact of a minimum wage increase on the Grand Rapids area economy.