GEORGE W. RESPONDS TO ASFSA: School f/s is 'indispensable,' Bush assures industry assn
- The US muddle over a child's right to health care. Reinhardt, Uwe E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/13/2007, Vol. 335 Issue 7623, p749
The author discusses the attitude of Americans towards whether the state or parents should take primary responsibility for children. The author mentions the veto by U.S. President George W. Bush of legislation that would extend health insurance coverage under the State Children's Health...
- FARE 2014. // CSP;Aug2014, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p70
Several photographs related to the FoodService at Retail Exchange (FARE) 2014 conference held in the U.S. are presented, that include former U.S. President George W. Bush, and several speakers and participants at the occasion.
- ASSOCIATION HEALTH INSURANCE: Industry OKs Bush's proposal. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p30
Reports that the United States foodservice industry leaders affirmed the proposal by presidential candidate George W. Bush that would allow operators to buy lower-cost health insurance coverage for their workers through trade associations. Reaction from Bush.
- Proclamation 7446--National Child's Day, 2001. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/11/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p844
Presents Proclamation 7446 signed by U.S. President George W. Bush on June 2, 2001, which assigns June 3, 2001 as National Child's Day. Opportunity provided by the occasion; Need for the nation to reaffirm its commitment to loving and caring for children; Responsibilities of adults to young people.
- Proclamation 7566--National Missing Children's Day, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/27/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p864
Deals with the proclamation of the National Missing Children's Day by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 21, 2002. Factors that contribute to the increased awareness on the need to protect children from criminals and other predators; Anniversary of the Missing Children Act; Commemoration...
- Executive Order 13296--Amendments to Executive Order 13296, Protection of Children From Environmental Health Risks and Safety Risks April 18, 2003. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/21/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p452
Presents the text of an executive order issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on April 18, 2003, which deals with the protection of children from environmental health risks and safety risks.
- Proclamation 7766--National Child Abuse Prevention Month, 2004. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/12/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p531
Presents Proclamation 7766 issued by U.S. President George W. Bush declaring April 2004 as National Child Abuse Prevention Month. Duty of the U.S. to protect the safety and well-being of its children; Number of children who are victims of abuse or neglect in 2002; Dependency of children on...
- The President's Radio Address. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/26/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p1324
Presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush, delivered at the White House in Washington, D.C., on July 17, 2004. Release of the report "America's Children in Brief," by the federal government; Decline in violence among teenagers in the U.S.; Efforts of the U.S. government in providing...
- World's Longest Letter. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;10/21/2005, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p7
Presents letters from grade school students addressed to U.S. President George W. Bush expressing their hopes, dreams, and concerns for the country.