INDUSTRY, MARKET, GOVT. MUDDLING THROUGH: The scramble for school protein safety
- Supermarkets offered guidelines on pig labelling. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;7/16/2004, Vol. 141 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the launch of best practice guidelines for retailers and foodservice companies by the National Pig Association in Great Britain. Provisions of the guidelines regarding pig meat labelling; Purpose of the guidelines; Percentage of British consumers who prefer meat products to come from...
- The tender sound of ultrasonics. Dunn, John // Food Manufacture;Mar2005, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p39
This article focuses on ultrasonic technology that helps to tenderise meat and an extrusion and slicing system for producing large, cooked bread chips. Ultrasonics has a lot of potential in the food industry for speeding up the marinating and tenderising of meat and for aiding the cleaning and...
- Beef promoter in SportsAid tie-up. // Marketing (00253650);3/1/2006, p2
The article reports that the organization English Beef and Lamb Executive is going to support young sporting talent through a link-up with SportsAid. The partnership, part of a three-year Â£5.5 million campaign to drive beef sales, has launched its "Be A Sport" appeal in supermarkets,...
- Dallas Restaurant Association names officers for 1998. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p51
Announces that the 1,000-member Dallas Restaurant Association elected its officers for the year 1998. Association's 1998 slate of officers.
- MARKET RESOURCES. // Restaurant & Foodservice Market Research Handbook;2007, p289
A listing of market resources including associations, analysts and market consultants and periodicals related to food service is presented.
- GRI goes to the source to study Italian cuisine. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p4
Highlights the annual convention of Gruppo Ristorati Italiani, a United States-based organization of food service professionals, in Udine, Italy. Purpose for the creation of the organization; Presentation of food products and menu ideas; Plan of Maggiore to served risotto with baby shrimp, wild...
- Foodservice managers unite to fight Beijing woes. Austen, Gayle // Hotel & Motel Management;7/26/93, Vol. 208 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the formation of Beijing Food and Beverage Managers Association in an effort to apply collective thinking to problems encountered by hotels in Beijing, China. Pricing policy uncertainties; Collective-buying program for wines.
- Meating in the desert. // National Provisioner;Jan2003, Vol. 217 Issue 1, p50
Highlights the National Meat Association's MEATEXPO'3 Suppliers Expositions and 57th Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. Presentation of awardees; Details of the activities; List of members and participants.
- Tools of the trade. // National Provisioner;May2003, Vol. 217 Issue 5, p98
Highlights a conference of the Meat Industry Suppliers Alliance. Development and marketing of processing tools; Operating challenges and solutions. INSET: MISA facts.