IN MODESTO, CA: B'FAST VOLUME DOUBLES
- Rise and shine. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p52
Provides information on the meal service being offered by universities and colleges in the U.S. for breakfast. Foods that are usually served during breakfast; Mexican foods that are popular for breakfast; Hot breakfast items popular during weekends.
- NO SURPRISE: B'FAST PILOT SUCCEEDING, USDA PONDERS WORTH. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the success of the universal school breakfast pilot program tested in schools across the United States as of December 15, 2000. Goal of the pilot program; Implementation of the program in schools in Shelby County, Columbiana, Alabama; Menus offered in the breakfast program.
- ON GRADES, BEHAVIOR IN TEXAS: SCHOOL B'FAST HAS IMPACT. // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Presents information on the in-class breakfast program at the Independent School District in Midland, Texas. Increase in the student participation in several schools within the district after launching the in-class breakfast program; Benefits of serving breakfast for students; Actions taken by...
- Free breakfasts boost fl school-counts 30%. // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p10
Reports that the Blast Off with Breakfast program, offering free breakfasts to Hillsborough County, Florida, elementary schoolchildren and teachers, has been so successful in its first year that officials hope to offer the once-a-week program daily. What the program is; Preparations of the...
- HANDHELD THE KEY: PHILLY BREAKFAST RISES. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the expected increase in breakfast participation at the School District of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania in the 2002-2003 school year. Number of feeding sites that will begin the semester offering grab-and-go meals; Examples of food served.
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: New Mex. students grab b'fast. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increased breakfast participation at an Albuquerque, New Mexico middle school after the district replaced its traditional service with grab-and-go breakfast carts. Statement from Gabriela Pachecho, district nutrition coordinator of Albuquerque; Information on the breakfast...
- An in-class act. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the effect of the implementation of in-class service on the breakfast participation of students from the Washington Elementary School District in Phoenix, Arizona. Percentage of kids eating breakfast since the implementation of the in-class service; Foods included in the meal...
- Breakfast in class takes off. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the in-class breakfast program using pre-made products tested by the Brevard County School District in Florida at the Madison Middle School in July 2004. Percentage increase in the breakfast participation in the district during the pilot of the program; Items that composed the...
- School breakfast wakes up. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the incentives offered by the food service team of Chicago Public Schools' Ruggles Elementary in Chicago, Illinois, to increase student participants in its breakfast program. Estimated number of children who are receiving free meals; Breakfast menu of the program.