MarketCapsule: PACKING MORE PROFIT INTO MENUS
- LOOKING UP: NEW FOR '02. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p27
Presents various news important to foodservice operators as of January 15, 2002. Foodservice operators' optimism about the prospects for growth in 2002; Additional features of the 'FoodService Director' magazine.
- The '99 Menu. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p40
Opinion. Provides an overview on industry news and trend features that will be presented on the pages of `FoodService Director' magazine in 1999. Expansion of calendar and research efforts; Menu development; Emerging business opportunities; Monthly report on vegetarian menu and marketing idea;...
- Hospitals fight costs. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p28
This article reports on the rise of food costs per-patient-day from 2004 to 2005 in hospitals, according to the Industry Census Report of the FoodService Director. With no significant increase in revenue to help offset the cost increases, food service officials find themselves in a tailspin...
- 1998: Revenues rise 8%; volume tops $17.1 bil. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p75
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by `FoodService Director,' which revealed an increase in revenues of foodservice management contractors in 1998 in the United States. Business activities of companies in 1998; Diversification move made by Host Marriott; Projections for 1999; Insights...
- UNIT GAINS: Recreation up 47%; B&I units gain 23% more. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p76
Reports the results of a survey conducted by `FoodService Directors,' on the market segments growth of foodservice industry in the United States in 1998. Explanations from industry officials; Overall market growth of the industry; Outlook for the college foodservice.
- MarketCapsule: A CLOSE-UP LOOK AT BREAKFAST. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p6
Presents the results of the `FoodService Director' Research Advisory Panel study which determined the number of foodservice operators offering breakfast meals in the United States. Status of traditional breakfast counts in the country; Percentage of breakfast meals serviced by the foodservice...
- Are Food Trucks the Wheel Deal? // Restaurant Business;Jun2015 Supplement Food Service Handbook, p50
The article offers a report by a magazine Foodservice Director regarding the service of food trucks and growth in use of food trucks in college campuses.
- 1998: Food spending up 7.3%, total meals rise 4%. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p87
Reports on the results of the 1998 survey conducted by `FoodService Director' on corporate spending on foodservices. Increase in the average sales at top corporate dining units; Increase in food purchases; Details on the foodservices of various companies.
- Up to $6.68 in B&I Units: Avg. Take-Out Tab Hits $5.49. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p75
Focuses on the increase in the sales of take-out foods in the United States. Results on the survey conducted by the `FoodService Director' regarding take-out foods; Biggest spenders for take-home foods; Sales gains of hot entrees.