PALOS VERDES PENINSULA: HS foodcourt to pay back renovation costs in 2 years
- Race in the Desert. Zlatos, Bill // American School Board Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 191 Issue 9, p65
Reports on the participation of the Palos Verdes High School Road Warriors team in Southern California in the Grand Challenge robot race sponsored by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency on March 13, 2004. Reason behind the closure of the school; Goal of the Grand Challenge;...
- CLASH OF THE HEADLESS HUMVEES. Hooper, Joseph // Popular Science;Mar2004, Vol. 264 Issue 3, p58
Features the teams who joined the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency Grand Challenge. Carnegie Mellon University's Red Team; Anthony Levandowski Blue Team; Palos Verdes High School Road Warriors. INSET: THE ALMOST-RAN.
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- In brief. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Presents news items concerning the food service industry in the United States. Includes the popularity of the University of Southern California's catering facility as site for parties and special events; CulinArt's appointment of Tom Eich as president; Orion Food Systems' plan of opening four...
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: New Mex. students grab b'fast. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increased breakfast participation at an Albuquerque, New Mexico middle school after the district replaced its traditional service with grab-and-go breakfast carts. Statement from Gabriela Pachecho, district nutrition coordinator of Albuquerque; Information on the breakfast...
- Florida School Cafeteria Offers Shopping-mall Style Food Court. Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p43
Features the cafeteria at Bayside High School in Palm Bay, Florida. Characteristics differentiating the food service from traditional cafeterias; Menu concepts; Changes to the original plans for the cafeteria; Food prices.
- Back to school means bon appï¿½tit. Washington, Kate // Sunset;Sep2005, Vol. 215 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on the re-opening of Oak Cafï¿½, a student-run cafe of the Culinary Arts & hospitality Management program at American River College in Sacramento, California. Offers of a price fixed menu; Amenities and Customer service.