ANOTHER FACT-HUNT WINNER: LYNDA BARONE GOING TO SFM
- Briefs. // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p12
Presents news items related to the food service management in the United States. Includes the Society for Foodservice Management's presentation of its 1999 annual awards; Gary Gunderson's appointment as director of business development-West for Compass Group; Food allergy resources and...
- Multiple Brands serving a Single Vision. Lawn, John // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p26
Features Compass PLC, the largest British foodservice management company in the world. Acquisition segment strategy of the company; Entry of the British catering company in the United States market; Establishment of the business in North America. INSET: A Global Player..
- Compass Group to buy PFM Inc. for $24 million. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p23
Reports that the Compass Group has signed a letter of intent to purchase Professional Food Service Management Inc. Background information on the companies; Terms of the agreement; Comments from company officials.
- Compass' Profiles in Good Taste: A `restaurant' company? Schechter, Mitchell // Food Management;Jan1998, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the Profiles in Good Taste multi-concept menu and station program by Compass Group. Rationale for the creation of the program; Features of the program; Comment by Jim Carothers, president of Eurest division of Compass Group; Two groups of the food options devised under the program.
- What a Glorious Mess (Hall)! // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p14
Reports the food service operations of Eurest Support Services in a number of remodeled food courts in the United States. Provision of national brands to members of the armed forces; Food court selection; List of branded foods;
- SFM celebrates 20th anniversary at annual conference, gala. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/08/99, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p86
Reports on the highlights of the Society for Foodservice Management's 20th anniversary held at the Marriott Hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Record attendance of the conference; Gala event; Reunion of the association's former presidents.
- SFM Members Kick Up Their Heels. // Food Management;Oct2008, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p14
The article provides information on the annual conference and business meeting held by the Society for Foodservice Management in Austin, Texas. Andy Ford, chief insights officer for Noble Communications gave a presentation on how rapid cultural change is affecting foodservice markets. several...
- inbrief. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p18
The article presents a roundup of news pertaining to the food service industry. Compass Group PLC's Select Services Partner travel concessions business was purchased by an investment group headed by Macquarie Bank while most of the remainder was purchased by an equity firm called EQT. Lamar...
- LET THE GAMES BEGIN: Compass readies foodservice of--and for--Olympic proportions. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p44
Looks at the preparations being made by the Compass Group PLC staff for its food service operation at the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah. Scope of the catering service operation; Responsibilities of Joe Polidora, a Restaurant Associates executive and lead contact for Compass...