WITH FOCUS ON SPORTS VENUES: Compass takes interest in Levy
- Levy link complete. // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the complete acquisition of Levy Restaurants by Compass Group starting on April 17, 2006. Levy Restaurants, an operator of restaurants in Chicago, Florida and New York and food service at sports and entertainment facilities around the U.S., will become wholly owned by...
- Compass Group paying $250M for full ownership of Levy Restaurants. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;1/23/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the decision of Compass Group PLC to acquire the remaining 51 percent of Levy Restaurants Inc. in the U.S. Compass Group PLC has already owned 49 percent of the company. The acquisition amounted to 250 million dollars. The acquiring company plans not to change the...
- From Strategic Partner to Corporate Parent. // Food Management;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the plan of Compass Group PLC to buy the 51 percent of Levy Restaurants Inc. that it does not currently own in Chicago, Illinois. This will give Compass the controlling interest in the restaurant management and food service firm. The companies signed a strategic...
- Compass coy about interest in Onama. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/13/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4226, p8
Reports on the interest of catering group Compass in acquisitions in Italy. Information on its interest in acquiring contract caterer Onama; Plans of Compass with regard to managing its acquisitions.
- Levy Restaurants: Enjoying the sporting life. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p74
Reports on the partnership of Levy Restaurants with Compass Group PLC to help its expansion in the United States foodservice industry. Retention of the role of chief executive officer, Larry Levy; Importance of the leadership of Compass in the international foodservice management market; Growth...
- Levy Restaurants. BERGER, LIZA // Nation's Restaurant News;1/30/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p114
The article discusses the success and dining concept of Chicago, Illinois-based restaurant operator Levy Restaurants Inc. The company was founded in 1978 and has 25 restaurants. The company's annual sales is $610 million. Despite success in the restaurant industry in the U.S., the company is on...
- FOR SIX SPEEDWAYS: NASCAR host signs Levy. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p26
Reports that Compass Group LLC and Levy Restaurants have entered a long-term agreement with Charlotte, North Carolina-based Speedway Motorsports Incorporated. Approximate value of the agreement; Speedway Motorsports' facilities; Comments from Levy Restaurants' Andy Lansing about the agreement.
- Compass acquires Bon Appetit. // Food Management;Apr2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p9
Reports the acquisition of Bon Appetit Management Co. by Compass Group PLC in the U.S. Location of other facilities of Bon Appetit; Agreement between the two companies on major shareholdings; Impact of the acquisition on the business operations of Compass Group PLC.
- Big buys boost for Compass. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/5/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4251, p5
Reports on the advantage of large acquisitions to catering company Compass. Increase in turnover at the company as of September 30, 2002; Acquisitions that helped increase the company's profits.