40 MEALS SOLD DAILY: HMR promoted at Pitney Bowes unit
- Upgrades choices: Menu brands for Pitney Bowes delis. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p12
Reports that Pitney Bowes Inc. has menu-branded its three cafeteria deli stations with supplier Kohler Co. and upgraded selections to leaner and more low-sodium options. Statement from Pitney executive John Green.
- PATENTS. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;5/31/2003, Vol. 178 Issue 2397, p18
Presents news briefs related to patents in the field of scientific research published in the May 31, 2003 issue of the magazine 'New Scientist.' Method to rid of infestation by mites on beehives developed by Finnish company Urpo Vainio; Solution to the problem of adding wrong quantities of...
- When the bit players take centre stage. Lewis, Fiona // Management Today;Mar96, p72
Presents information on companies which provide support services. Information from Barry Spence, managing director of Pitney Bowes Management Services (PBMS), and John Stacey, human resources director for business services company, Gardner Merchant; Use of high technology by PBMS; Importance of...
- Too much success can result in lazy, uncaring company. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;8/7/95, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p18
Opinion. Suggests that Pitney Bowes' success has made the company complacent. Rating of the company's postage meter products; Frequency of Pitney Bowes' phone number changes without notice; Attitude of the company's telephone attendant.
- Fax fix from afar. Mamis, Robert A. // Inc.;Sep92, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p50
Outlines how hardware distributor Lawson Products (Des Plaines, Ill.) keeps some 800 fax machines functioning. Use of NASA's remote diagnostics from Pitney-Bowes' National Diagnostics Center (Melbourne, Fla.); How the self-examination software program works; Increasingly office-machine...
- Event Snapshot. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 52, p17
A photograph of the American Red Cross volunteers and Pitney Bowes employees that worked on holiday cards for U.S. servicemen and women.
- Neither rain nor snow stops Pitney Bowes. // Money;Aug1994, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p38
Reports that certain mail stamping machines have enabled Pitney Bowes to post 13% compound annual earnings growth for a decade. Figures continue; Postal discounts to companies that preprocess their own mail; Pitney Bowes revenues; Comments by analyst William Gorman; Details.
- JUMPING AHEAD BY GOING HIGH TECH. Alpert, Mark // Fortune;10/19/1992, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p113
Profiles Pitney Bowes, Stamford, Conn., which introduced the Paragon mail processor in July, a milestone in the march of Pitney Bowes from old-line manufacturer to high-tech growth company. Comments from CEO George Harvey, 61, on the Paragon, proof the company has been transformed into a...
- Globalink '97 conference. Philippidis, Alex // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/21/97, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p5
Details the market growth of the Pitney Bowes Inc. in Stamford, Connecticut. Effective distribution system as the contributing factor to the market growth; Statistics on the upward surge of the company; Need for competence in mechanical and computer disciplines; Commitment of the company to...