TO PREVENT ALLERGIC REACTION: School sets 'peanut-free' zone
- Gulp. // New York;6/03/96, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p13
Notices that the New York `Post' and `Daily News' took completely different takes in articles about poor school-cafeteria-inspection results. Restaurant guide publisher Tim Zagat asserting that the papers should have focused on how bad the inspection process is at New York City restaurants.
- Make Mine Sushi. Woods-Lavoie, Patti // Better Nutrition;Sep2001, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p66
Focuses on the eating habits of children. Details on the nutritional content of the food children eat; List of food in the school cafeteria; Benefits of being a grown up.
- With County Health Dept.: Yuma Schools teaming-up on nutrition & health ed. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports on a health education program at the Alice Byrne Elementary School in Yuma, Arizona with the assistance of the Yuma School District and Yuma County Health Department. Foodservice element in the program; Program menu.
- With Publication's Help: Schools roll-out program to improve `light cooking'. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p15
Highlights the participation of some schools in the United States in a program which promotes the availability of nutritious foods at school cafeterias. Basis for the selection of the schools by the `Cooking Light' magazine; Changes that have been made at the school cafeterias that are unknown...
- Healthy Lunchrooms For Healthy Students. Connolly, Sally Ann // Education Week;4/3/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in on the topic of school lunch nutrition and its impact on the health of students.
- Today's healthy option. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p112
States that students in the United States prefer to eat seafood for its health benefits. Features of the seafood menu items at University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida; Most popular fish consumed; Style of serving shellfish; Different cooking styles for salmon.
- Nutritional knowledge, beliefs and behaviours in teenage school students. Gracey, D.; Stanley, N.; Burke, V.; Corti, B.; Beilin, L. J. // Health Education Research;Jun1996, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p187
This article presents information on a study related to the knowledge about nutrition and beliefs, behaviors, and possible barriers affecting healthy food choices in adolescents in Perth, Western Australia. The study included 480 year 11 students of 15-16 year olds from two Perth metropolitan...
- What's right fat balance on the menu. // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p4s
Discusses the controversy surrounding fat content range in diet in the United States. Advise from health organizations and agencies concerning fat content in diet standards; Implications on school food service operators; Diet and nutrition considerations for children.
- `The key is to make gradual recipe changes'. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p9s
Reports on the application of gradual changes approach in changing recipes toward healthier foods for school food services in the United States. Enhancement of student-acceptance; Changes not recognized by students; Proposals for changing recipes; Promotion of vegetables by prepackaging for...