- Turning Over Search Engines. Druckenmiller Jr., Gary // Engineered Systems;Sep2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on the capabilities of Internet search engines in the United States. Definition of search engine; Classification of search engines; Major elements of crawler-based search engines; Services offered by Northern Light.
- Internet search strategies for market research. Knight, Jan // Inside Tucson Business;3/24/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p7
Provides tips in using Internet search engines for competitor research. Advantage of using the advanced search feature; Use of the WayBack Machine for competitive intelligence; Reviews of the competitors' Web sites.
- Northern Light research engine adds titles. // Link-Up;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the publication titles added by online research engine Northern Light to its Special Collection. Total number of Northern Light's premium information sources; Benefits given by the site of Northern Light to users.
- THE GOODS. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/31/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 63, p18
Reports that Femmeonline, a female-geared search engine and editorial site, went online on March 28, 2000 in France.
- Webdiary. Olson, Renee // School Library Journal;Summer2000 Summer Net Connect, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p12
Presents information on several Web sites preferred by librarians. Web site with insights into technology and education; Web site of National Geographic; Northern Light Web search engine.
- Sources of Additional Information. // Library Technology Reports;May/Jun2000, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p59
Presents a list of recommended Web sites for information on search engine software products. Search Tools for Web sites, Intranets and Portals; Search Engine Watch; Internet Product Watch; Acquisition of search engine software directly from developers.
- PUBSCIENCE: ACCESSING SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL JOURNAL INFORMATION AT THE DESKTOP. Donohue, Robert E. // Serials Review;2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the PubSCIENCE, search engine for journals on physical science and energy developed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information of United States Department of Energy. Development of the PubSCIENCE project; Functionality of the search engine; Features of the tool.
- Start your engines. Krantz, Michael // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/20/1998, Issue 16, p53
Looks at the rivalry between Yahoo and Excite Web search engine companies. The use of personalization to compete for customers; The personalized service of My Yahoo and My Excite; A comparison of Yahoo and Excite by customer base and market value as of April, 20, 1998.
- BROWSING FINDS' NEW LIFE ONLINE. Bowen, Charles // Editor & Publisher;07/03/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 27, p25
Features the Internet search engine MagPortal.com. Free magazine articles provided by the search engine online; Organization of articles in the site; Browsing functions of the site; Considerations in using the search engine in writing and editing; Ease of use of the site.