Tracheostomy care video
- FEEDING PATIENTS WHO ARE VENTILATOR-DEPENDENT. // Clinical Advisor;2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p42
The article provides an answer to a question on the acceptibility of oral feeding of a patient who is ventilator-dependent and has a chronic indwelling tracheostomy tube.
- Tracheostomy trauma. Langslow, Amelda // Australian Nursing Journal;Jul96, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p28
Presents a case study of a tracheostomy patient who died as a result of inaccurate documentation in a high dependency unit in an Australian nursing home. Coronial inquest on the case.
- RN AT HOME: What parents need to know about trach care. Kaufman, Joanne; Hardy-Ribakow, Deborah // RN;Oct88, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p99
Presents guidelines for parents caring for pediatric tracheostomy patients. Checklist of skills that family members and caregivers must develop; Protocols for oxygen and suctioning; Special demands of equipment used.
- Trach care at home. Schreiber, Donna; Boyd, Leslie // RN;Jul2001, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p43
Provides a guide for nurses caring for a homebound patient who has a tracheostomy. Information on decannulation; Complications of tracheostomy; Procedure in changing tracheostomy tubes.
- Teaching TRACHEOSTOMY PATIENTS to cope at home. Pagana, Kathleen Deska // RN;Dec78, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p63
Provides advice for tracheostomy patients to cope at home after the surgery. Challenges for a patient who leaves the hospital with a permanent tracheostomy; Precautions to protect the surgical wound; Techniques in suctioning accumulated secretions from the tracheobronchial tree; Methods in...
- Outcome for tracheostomized patients who requiring prolonged stay in intensive care unit. Santana-Cabrera, L.; Mendoza, C. Díaz; Sánchez-Palacios, M.; Martin-Santana, J. D.; Hernández, J. R. Hernández // International Journal of Critical Illness & Injury Science;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p286
A letter to the editor is presented about the effect of tracheostomy on intensive care unit (ICU) and in-hospital mortality for patients who require prolonged stay in ICU.
- Prognosis of critical surgical patients depending on the duration of stay in the ICU. Santana-Cabrera, Luciano; Lorenzo-Torrent, Rosa; Pérez, Hugo Rodríguez; Sánchez-Palacios, Manuel; Martín-Santana, Josefa Delia; Hernández Hernández, Juan Ramón // International Journal of Critical Illness & Injury Science;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p144
Objective: To analyze the epidemiological and prognostic differences between critical surgical patients admitted to intensive care unit (ICU) according to length of stay in the ICU. Materials and Methods: Retrospective observational study on patients with surgical pathology admitted to ICU of a...
- Newest Reception Room Video from Health Visions. // American Chiropractor;2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p10
Features several videotapes produced to inform parents about the benefits of chiropractic for children. Therapeutic benefits from chiropractic; Encouragement of family care; Health benefits to children.
- Outcome Evaluation of Patients Requiring Tracheostomy in an Intensive Care Unit in Trinidad. Olton, S.; Hariharan, S.; Chen, D. // West Indian Medical Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p173
Objective: To evaluate the outcome of patients who have undergone a tracheostomy in a multidisciplinary intensive care unit (ICU) and to determine the difference between an early and late tracheostomy. Design and Methods: All patients who had tracheostomy in the ICU of The Eric Williams Medical...