UNAMERICAN TAIL: OF SEGREGATION AND MULTICULTURAL EDUCATION
- Racial slurs spotlight historical biases in US. Holmstorm, David // Christian Science Monitor;3/2/95, Vol. 87 Issue 66, p12
Focuses on incidents of racial intolerance in USA. Example of Charles Barkley, basketball superstar; History of racial prejudice. INSET: Models of tolerance for Massachusetts youths, by D.H..
- Qualified minorites. Ingram, Billy // Christianity Today;10/4/93, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p26
Deals with the white Americans' lack of confidence in the Afro-Americans' abilities. Insult to Afro-Americans; Talent within the Afro-American community; Whites' lack of networking with Afro-Americans.
- Racial bias is alleged on redundancy rights. Overell, Stephen // People Management;12/19/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 25, p8
Discusses the Lambeth council's attempts to cut the cost of unfair dismissal cases that have angered both employees and the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE). Validity of Lambeth's use of compromise agreements; Highlights of the case in Lambeth which is being backed by the CRE; Legal costs...
- The Color of Justice. Michie, Greg // Teacher Magazine;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the racial discrimination experienced by an Afro-American kid named Reggie. Difficulties of Reggie in dealing with his classmates and teachers; Injustice done by Chicago police officers to Reggie.
- Bridges. Powers, Retha // Glamour;Oct94, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p96
Narrates the author's childhood experience of befriending white people. Playing the role of a black friend; Expertise on racial and political issues; Lessons learned from friendship with white people.
- Orland Park janitorial company faces discrimination charges. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Jun2010, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p5
The article discusses a court case wherein a company has been sued by the EEOC for its discrimination against its Latino employees.
- 3 black men quit Indy country club, allege racism. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;9/15/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 36, p7
The article offers information on the resignation of membership at the Highland Golf and Country Club of three prominent black men namely Clarian Health hospital executive vice president Samuel Odle, attorneys Lacy Johnson, and Carl Drummer after an alleged racial discrimination from eight white...
- Let's Get Beyond Race. Fitzgerald, Terry // Progressive Populist;11/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p4
A letter to the editor which discusses racial designations based on color.
- NEW BOOKS. // Journal of Philosophy;Apr2014, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p226
No abstract available.