Unprecedented Global Change
- Top-heavy in telecom. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Jan2001, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the need for telecommunication leaders to downsize their assets to regain fitness. Turnover of BT to international partner AT&T; Questions raised by chief executive officers; Market-makers of wireline telecom.
- Global operators ally on mobile-phone interface. // RCR Wireless News;6/28/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p15
Reports on the launching of the Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP) Ltd. alliance by European wireless operators to define standard applications interface requirements for mobile device platforms. List of member wireless carriers in the alliance; Aim of the alliance; Effect that the OMTP will...
- Belden enters wireless partnership with Extricom. // Wire Journal International;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p10
The article announces a telecommunication technology partnership between the United States-based company Belden and Extricom, which has won an award for its wireless technology. The agreement represents Belden's strategic entry into the wireless arena which will focus on developing enterprise...
- Vendors, Suppliers Locked In Mutual Bond. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;8/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p10
Focuses on the importance of building relationships between brand name manufacturers of wireless communication equipment and their suppliers. Difficulty in maintaining vendor-supplier relationships; Terms of the strategic partnerships between manufacturers and suppliers; Factors influencing...
- Industry welcomes Blyk partnership deal with Orange. Farber, Alex // New Media Age;7/30/2009, p04
The article reports on the response of media and industry executives in Great Britain to the decision of Orange to form a partnership with service provider Blyk. Under the deal, Orange will be able to offer its subscribers advertisement-funded services. It relates the impact of the partnership...
- Subway to offer mobile coupons via MobileLime. // RCR Wireless News;8/7/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the partnership of MobileLime with several Subway sandwich shop franchises in Buffalo, New York to offer alerts and coupons to mobile phone users. The program is part of MobileLime's Mobile Alerts Club, which allows customers to opt in to a preferred program at the...
- Getting Serious About Third Parties. Cole, Andrew // Wireless Week;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p3
Comments on partnership deals among wireless communication carriers. Hurdles in carrier partnership success; Key element to long-term success; Factors determining the success of partner management.
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;9/15/2010, Issue 2439, p29
The article focuses on some significant events related to the telecom industry in Great Britain from 1961 to 2009. It is mentioned that a single British-based telecoms manufacturer was formed in 1961 with partnership between Plessey, ATE and Ericsson Telephones. It is mentioned that to run the...
- Active Trial Under Way. // Wireless Week;7/2/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p14
Reports on the plan of ActiveSky to conduct its first market trial for its consumer and business applications of interactive streaming video and rich media on wireless devices. Partnership entered into by ActiveSky.