BT Pins Hopes On $15 Billion Garage Sale
- BT Plans to Sell Tech Mahindra's Stake. // EmergingMarketsNOW;8/27/2008, p10
The article elaborates on the plan of British Telecom (BT) to sell its 31% stake in Tech Mahindra in India. The move is undertaken in line with the company's existing strategy. It will also sell either a major part or the entire 31 percent stake. It is considered one of the largest transaction...
- British Telecom 3 issue draws closer. // Accountancy;Jun93, Vol. 111 Issue 1198, p51
Reports on the plan of the British government to sell 22 percent holding in British Telecom PLC. Payment of shares in installments; Advice to individual investors.
- Bird & Bird ousts Linklaters to score BT corporate work. // Lawyer;3/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p14
Reports that law firm Bird & Bird won the lead role on a major corporate deal for BT. Cost of the sale of the company's stake in e-people-serve to joint venture partner Accenture; Adviser of Accenture; Implication of the deal for Bird.
- BT Sells Japanese Stake To Vodafone. // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p12
Reports that British Telecommunications Plc agreed to sell its stakes in Japan Telecom Co. and its J-Phone mobile unit as well as its stake in Spanish mobile operator Airtel Moviles SA to Vodafone Group PLC. Value of the transaction; Importance of the sales; What the deal gives Vodafone.
- BT cuts Brightstar stake in split from investments. // New Media Age;2/6/2003, p5
Reports on the plan of British Telecommunications (BT) to sell most of its corporate incubator BT Brightstar. Cost of the deal; Fund provided by Coller Capital; Role of New Venture Partners in the investment process.
- BT takes Â£160m hit to quit Hong Kong mobile sector. // Utility Week;1/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
Announces that British fixed line operator BT sold its stake in Hong Kong mobile company SmarTone in January 2003. Value of the sale; Reason for the divestments; Losses incurred by SmarTone.
- UK Business. // Accountancy;Sep99, Vol. 124 Issue 1273, p16
The article presents business related news of Great Britain published in the September 1999 issue of the journal "Accountancy." National Power, Great Britain power producer, sold its Drax Corp. power plant to AES Corp., the largest power producer in the world, for almost Â£1 .9bn. This could...
- Time Warner's sale of AOL. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;6/23/2006, Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the sale of AOL by Time Warner Inc. Time Warner's piecemeal sale of its AOL properties will be charged with symbolism if parts of the business in Great Britain are sold to BSkyB Group PLC. After British Telecom PLC signalled that it is pulling out of the bidding for AOL's...
- Your worry about BT 'bureaucracy'. // Utility Week;11/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on the concern raised by Hugh Logan, managing director of United Utilities telecommunications division Your Communications, over the creation of the Openreach division of British Telecommunications. Outcome of the Project Access programme of Your that would introduce modern broadband...