Rounding Out The Big Picture
- PRODUCTS. // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct2004, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p62
The article provides information on some new products related to wireless communication. 3Com Corp. has introduced building-to-building wireless bridges which allow customers to connect two or more buildings through secure, high-speed wireless connections. The bridges enable users to save on the...
- LG LT20-1. // Australian Personal Computer;Dec2004, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p66
This article reports on the launch of LT20-1, a portable computer of 3Com Corp. The LT20-1 scored a second-highest 2,602 in PCMark 2004, a reasonable 13.3 in Business Winstone, and a relatively poor Multimedia Content Creation Winstone score of 19. A Battery Mark 2004 result of two hours and 14...
- Wireless Web concept settles in. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;08/30/99, Vol. 237 Issue 9, p13
Reports that 3Com Corp.'s InterWorking Function, which links the wireless network with landline network, is one component that enable Wireless Web offering service. Features of the platform; How Sprint can ensure the success of its wireless services.
- 3Com integrating USR applications. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec97, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p26
Introduces a three-phase strategy to integrate United States Robotics' Total Control Manager application with 3Com's Transcend Enterprise Manager, from 3Com Corporation. Details on the three phases of the integration.
- MORE BEER FOR US. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p19
Focuses on the termination of 3Com Corp.'s brief foray as a public network equipment vendor by agreeing to sell its CommWorks unit to UTStarcom. Refocus of 3Com on its core business, the enterprise segment; Prospects for a rebound of the public network equipment market.
- 3Com director plans increase in local sales & marketing. Juarbe, Viviana // Caribbean Business;7/3/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p32
Reports on the plan of telecommunication equipment manufacturer, 3Com Corp. to consolidate the company's Latin American operations. Reason behind the company's plan; Benefits of the plan on the company's operations; Implication of the appointment of Ignacio Lenero as general director on the...
- 3Com Trims Dead Weight. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the restructuring plan of 3Com Corp. which will discontinue its stagnant high-end networking equipment lines and sell off its declining modem business. Reason behind the restructuring plan; Workforce reduction as a result of the move; View of analysts on the reorganization.
- Inside The Belly Of The Network Beast. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the role of 3 Com Corp. in the launching of the Wireless Web service of Sprint PCS. Functions of the hardware/software gateway combinations supplied by 3 Com to Sprint; Cost of each gateway per access port; Features of the Wireless Web service of Sprint.
- 3Com supplies wireless technology for Sprint Web service. // Networks Update;Oct99, p7
Reports that 3Com Corp. has supplied an integral part of the underlying wireless data access technology for the Sprint PCS Wireless Web service. Importance of 3Com's CDMA Interworking Function for Code Division Multiple Access networks; Significance of the launch of Sprint PCS Wireless Web service.