HOMECOMINGS: A EULOGY FOR CHIEF JUDGE LAWRENCE H. COOKE
- TRIBUTE TO CHIEF JUDGE LAWRENCE H. COOKE 1914-2000. Bonventre, Vincent Martin // Albany Law Review;2000, Vol. 64 Issue 1, preceding p1
Pays tribute to former Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke of New York who died in year 2000. Character traits; Career achievements; How he will be remembered as a professor at Albany Law School.
- Kudos for Cooke. Frank, Cheryl // ABA Journal;Nov84, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p34
Presents a tribute to Chief Judge Lawrence Cooke of the New York Court of Appeals. Mandatory retirement age; Contributions to the legal profession; Several controversial policies of Cooke; Leadership in enforcing time standards for case processing; Career accomplishments.
- The courts belong to the people. Cooke, L.H. // Vital Speeches of the Day;4/15/88, Vol. 54 Issue 13, p396
No abstract available.
- Mr. Chief Activist. M.M. // American Bar Association Journal;Apr83, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p431
Features Chief Judge Lawrence Cooke of New York. Mission of bringing a fair deal to the people who use the courts he oversees; Accomplishments and achievements; Success in taking politics out of the court system; Criticism of law firms that let only certain lawyers try cases; Major problem...
- The New Justices. Middleton, Martha // American Bar Association Journal;Apr83, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p431
Focuses on leadership role of chief justices of the states' highest courts in the United States. New York Chief Judge Lawrence Cooke's affiliation with the Conference of Chief Justices and the National Center for State Courts; Proposed solution to minimizing administrative load burden; Concerns...
- CHIEF JUDGE JOHN T. LOUGHRAN. Read, Susan Phillips // Albany Law Review;2008, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p1071
The article presents the text of a speech by Susan Phillips Read, associate judge of the New York State Court of Appeals, delivered at the 2008 Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke Symposium held in New York, in which she talked about former Chief Judge John T. Loughran as her judge of choice, offered...
- CHIEF JUDGE LAWRENCE H. COOKE. Kaye, Judith S. // Albany Law Review;2008, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p1055
The article presents the text of a speech by Judith S. Kaye, chief judge of the New York State Court of Appeals, delivered at the 2008 Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke Symposium held in New York, in which she talked about former Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke as her judge of choice, recalled her...
- DISCUSSION ON THE UNTOLD SECRETS OF EAGLE STREET. Lippman, Jonathan; Pigott Jr, Eugene F.; Smith, Robert S.; Phillips Read, Susan; Graffeo, Victoria A.; Rivera, Jenny // Albany Law Review;2013, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p1909
The article presents a panel discussion held in the symposium "Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke Seventh Annual State Constitutional Commentary Symposium" at the Albany Law School, Albany, New York, on March 21, 2013, which featured several panelists including Associate Judge of the New York Court...
- CHIEF JUDGE JONATHAN LIPPMAN: A NEW ERA. Laroche, Matthew J. // Albany Law Review;2010, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p925
The article examines the New York State Court of Appeals' dynamics and jurisprudence under Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman. It briefly describes the influence of previous chief judges on the American law, including Judith Kaye, Benjamin Cardozo, Lawrence Cooke and Charles Breitel. It identifies...